Windows 10: BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space?

Discus and support BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I usually been reinstalling Win10 to get rid of the so called "clutter" on my system to make it more fresh and such. Regarding BitLocker, I always... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Sep 23, 2016.

1. BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space?

I usually been reinstalling Win10 to get rid of the so called "clutter" on my system to make it more fresh and such.
    Regarding BitLocker, I always select to encrypt the entire drive as opposed to encrypting used spaced only.
    The entire drive option takes literally 9 hours to encrypt and complete.
    So I was thinking, is it wise to always select Encrypt Used Space Only whenever I reinstall in the future or is that option only for new machines and drives?

I just don't have the time to wait for my entire drive to be encrypted as I need to work on my programs and during the encryption process it just slows my system down.

When encrypting the used space only, new and existing data will be encrypted?
    Am I correct?

So when I reinstall Windows 10 the next time around, should I select encrypt Used Space Only?

Just want to save time.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Sep 23, 2016

2. A Question on Bitlocker(ed) Files

Bitlocker does not encrypt files, it only encrypts "the entire hard drive" so that if someone found your computer on a bus or something, they wouldn't be able to reach any files.

When you copy files to another drive, send them by email, upload them to facebook, whatever else, they aren't encrypted.

There is such a thing as bitlocker to go, which encrypts your USB stick for you (the entire stick, because again: bitlocker does not encrypt files, only entire drives).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 23, 2016
  3. how does bitlocker and creator updated deal with each other

BitLocker is a built in feature of Windows premium business editions such as Pro, Pro Edu, Enterprise, Education and Pro for Workstations.

Before installing a new Feature Update such as the Creators Update, you should disable BitLocker Drive Encryption.

If you are using a third party encryption tool, you should disable or remove it entirely.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space?

1. BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space? - Similar Threads - BitLocker encrypting Used

2. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  3. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  4. Encrypted using bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BitLocker: convert drive from "Used Space Only" to "Fully Encrypted"

BitLocker: convert drive from "Used Space Only" to "Fully Encrypted": Hi Is it possible to convert a drive that is encrypted under "Used Space Only Encrypted" to be "Fully Encrypted" instead? I could do a full decrypt and re-encrypt, but that would take a very long time for this large drive. I was sure that I selected "Fully Encrypted" from...
  6. Bitlocker Off, but showing used space encryption On?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker Off, but showing used space encryption On?: [ATTACH] Having an issue with some new machines at work, where Bitlocker is off in Control Panel, but manage-bde shows used space encryption is on. They are new Dell Latitude machines and do have TPM modules which are on by default, and the encryption is on after initial,...
  7. BitLocker Encryption Process? Used or Entire Disk Space?

BitLocker Encryption Process? Used or Entire Disk Space?: Hello everyone, Since choosing to encrypt the ENTIRE drive with BitLocker which can take very long time to complete, can I encrypt the Used Disk Space only when re-installing Windows 10? When there is a need for me to reinstall Windows, here is how I do it. 1. Boot...
  8. BitLocker - how to change "Used Space Only Encrypted" to Full

BitLocker - how to change "Used Space Only Encrypted" to Full: Hello I'm looking for a way to change BitLocker encryption scope from 'Used Space Only' to "Full Disk' without doing ful decryption. Is it at all possible? I could not find any useful information on TechNet. 83055
  9. BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted

BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted: I have been using my laptop for a while, but no sensitive data stored on it yet and I just enabled Bitlocker with the Used Space option to save time. The files that were deleted are NOT sensitive. A few questions here. 1. When I decide to reinstall Windows 10 again on...
  10. BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?

BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?: I tried several times to encrypt the entire disk after reinstalling Windows 10 but it always took for ever (usually 10 hours) to fully encrypt my internal 320GB drive. I managed to run bitlocker successfully by encrypting only used space. My question is should I run...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker encrypt concert used space or entire drive