Windows 10: BitLocker gone mad :-(

Discus and support BitLocker gone mad :-( in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi hi I got Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (brought from Microsoft Store) I BitLocked the C-drive + internal D-drive just fine. My PC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by erikrn, Sep 3, 2018.

1. erikrn Win User

BitLocker gone mad :-(

Hi

hi

I got Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (brought from Microsoft Store)

I BitLocked the C-drive + internal D-drive just fine. My PC is without a TPM-chip. I followed the fine instructions from www.windowscentral.com - how use bitlocker encryption.

Then I started to BitLock the external HD - and it stoped at 24.1% and the window with the progresion-bar said "not responding" - tryed Ctrl+Alt+Del to stop the BitLocker-process but no luck

I restarted my PC - into Control Panel -> System and Security -> BitLocker Drive Encryption and saw my external HD was locked - I opened it with my BitLocker password and I saw the BitLocker-progression-window again at 24.1%

Now I can not do anything with the external HD - it has stuck with the BitLocker-progression-window at 24.1% - I can't stop it or do anything

I want to formate the external HD and start all over

How do I get my external HD back. Please help

:)

erikrn, Sep 3, 2018

2. Phone gone mad

I've bought a Lumia 1020 today. When I turned it on at the first time it froze twice before I could go through the initial steps. It has gone mad, the screen is unresponsive, it starts apps like mad, jumps around, I can't turn it off because it starts again
    immediately. The backside is very hot. Unusuable. Ideas?

Zolikabácsi, Sep 10, 2018
  3. erikrn Win User

Hi

hi

I got Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (brought from Microsoft Store)

I BitLocked the C-drive + internal D-drive just fine. My PC is without a TPM-chip. I followed the fine instructions from www.windowscentral.com - how use bitlocker encryption.

Then I started to BitLock the external HD - and it stoped at 24.1% and the window with the progresion-bar said "not responding" - tryed Ctrl+Alt+Del to stop the BitLocker-process but no luck

I restarted my PC - into Control Panel -> System and Security -> BitLocker Drive Encryption and saw my external HD was locked - I opened it with my BitLocker password and I saw the BitLocker-progression-window
    again at 24.1%

Now I can not do anything with the external HD - it has stuck with the BitLocker-progression-window at 24.1% - I can't stop it or do anything

I want to formate the external HD and start all over

How do I get my external HD back. Please help

erikrn, Sep 10, 2018
  4. erikrn Win User

SOLVED BitLocker gone mad :-( :)

STARTED the PC in safe mode (where you can't go to bitlocker) and formated my external HD, not the quick way

restarted in normal mode and activated BitLocker on the external HD . it took only a few seconds on the empty HD - now everything is OK

erikrn, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. BitLocker gone mad :-( - Similar Threads - BitLocker gone mad

2. Has Macrium Reflect and EaseUS reporting gone mad?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Has Macrium Reflect and EaseUS reporting gone mad?: Hey everyone - I imaged a system today and noticed that the partition descriptions in Macrium 7.3.5555 were not being properly identified: [img] Under EaseUS Partition Master 15.5, the partition descriptions are correctly identified: [img] Also also note the...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt keyboard stopped working - gone "mad"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt keyboard stopped working - gone "mad": My Sculpt keyboard suddenly stopped working today. Mouse and number pad that are part of same bundle still work fine. First I noticed is that the keyboard went 'mad' after a few hours of working fine as usual in the morning. It kept scrolling quickly from button to button on...
  4. Autoplay Madness

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay Madness: I turned off Autoplay in settings I turned off Autoplay in Group Policy (both system and user) I set the default autorun behaviour to "do not execute any autorun commands" (both system and user) and yet, I have a USB stick that when inserted brings up a Run window and types...
  5. cpu-z gone mad!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cpu-z gone mad!!!!!!!!!: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/44f04a95b7341.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=649f120e2efc56f3cc1adba6f303d77de46fe56b what is going on here, anybody please explain it. submitted by /u/tech_power_user [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Defender has Gone Power Mad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender has Gone Power Mad: It is getting to the point where I have had to exclude one of my main download directories, which kind of defeats the purpose of having anti-virus (don't worry I only did this temporarily until I found a better solution, granted not a lot better but a bit better as I will...
  7. midtown madness 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    midtown madness 2: i played midown madness 2 a month ago but today its saying direct x 7 is required i have direct x 12 installed i also have the game running under as windows xp service pack 2 i have directplay on...
  8. Power Throttling gone mad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Throttling gone mad: So I have been using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility recently and it just started power throttling while I am idle. Anyone know why? I usually get a CPU clock speed of 3.8 - 4 GHz but now all I get is 2.20 which is the lowest my i7 processor can go. I have tried restarting...
  9. IM GOING MAD!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IM GOING MAD!: hey guys, i have a REAL PAIN IN THE BRAIN problem! i cant use (code Completion or what ever name it has) in anyyyyy WINDOWS, and Visual Studios 2015 and 2017 and Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ and Eclipse android Studio and OTHERSSS........... its about 2 month! im rly mad...
  10. Browsers Going mad!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Going mad!!!: Has Win 10 updated something today??? All my browsers, IE, FF, Chrome and Brave going mad!!! 47908