Windows 10: BitLocker How access drive?

Discus and support BitLocker How access drive? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a hard drive that was suspended during an in-place install win 10, build 16299-431. I resumed BitLocker protection on all drives (5 internal )... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gerrydog65, Jun 6, 2018.

1. BitLocker How access drive?

I have a hard drive that was suspended during an in-place install win 10, build 16299-431. I resumed BitLocker protection on all drives (5 internal ) but this one I can't open any of the files but name and properties are visible and accessible. I can read and write to drive. I have taken ownership of drive. It shows not decrypted. How can I access the drive?

Thank you for your help !!!

:)

gerrydog65, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker How access drive?

1. BitLocker How access drive? - Similar Threads - BitLocker access drive

2. Lost access to external hard drive because of Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost access to external hard drive because of Bitlocker: Any PC that I plug my external hard drive in, asks me to enter a password to Bitlocker. The problem is that I have never installed a password for Bitlocker and I don’t have recovery keys in my Microsoft Account. In the result I am unable to access my hard drive...
  3. How to turn BitLocker back on after turning it off to access external drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn BitLocker back on after turning it off to access external drive: This seems like something that should be incredibly easy, but it isn't. I have a BitLocker protected external drive connected to my computer. When I unlock it in order to access it, I do not see any way to lock it up again other than to physically disconnect and reconnect...
  4. How to turn BitLocker back on after turning it off to access external drive

How to turn BitLocker back on after turning it off to access external drive: This seems like something that should be incredibly easy, but it isn't. I have a BitLocker protected external drive connected to my computer. When I unlock it in order to access it, I do not see any way to lock it up again other than to physically disconnect and reconnect...
  5. bitLocker Drive - How to change the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitLocker Drive - How to change the password: Can you tell me how to change the password for Bit Locker on my zip drive - I have the recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/bitlocker-drive-how-to-change-the-password/d1886e66-3ea6-4c4e-92e6-941c37ef3190
  6. Bitlocker Accessibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker Accessibility: Hi team, Please can you tell me if there are any plans to make Bitlocker accessible? Currently it's inaccessible for visually impaired users. I'm told from the support desks that 'engineers are working on it' but no one is able to tell me what that actually means. Are...
  7. BitLocker How can I access drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker How can I access drive?: I have a hard drive that was suspended during an in-place install win 10, build 16299-431. I resumed BitLocker protection on all drives (5 internal ) but this one I can't open any of the files but name and properties are visible and accessible. I can read and write to drive....
  8. Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access

Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access: Hello, I have a usb that has been encrypted using bitlocker, I can connect this usb to my desktop and I can input the password and access the usb. However on my laptop and other computers, when I plug in the usb I do not get the prompt to input my password and instead just...
  9. Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu

Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu: Although I'm an Admin on my Win 10 Pro system (Surface Laptop), I can't access the subject menu. Instead, I receive the SysAdmin notice, as in the screenshot. This seems like a new "feature," as I could access it from my previous Win 10 Surface. I suppose that I could make...
  10. BitLocker Drive OS Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Drive OS Install: Hi all. The computer is not booting up.. I tried crashing it in WinRE .. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted Asking bit locker key for every repair option. I got the keys from Ms account. When trying to run SystemRestore, Startup...
Tags: