BitLocker How can I access drive?

Discus and support BitLocker How can I access drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a hard drive that was suspended during an in-place install win 10, build 16299-431. I resumed BitLocker protection on all drives (5 internal )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gerrydog65, Jun 6, 2018.

1. gerrydog65 Win User

I have a hard drive that was suspended during an in-place install win 10, build 16299-431. I resumed BitLocker protection on all drives (5 internal ) but this one I can't open any of the files but name and properties are visible and accessible. I can read and write to drive. I have taken ownership of drive. It shows not decrypted. How can I access the drive?

Thank you for your help !!!

:)

gerrydog65, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Nachappa C K Win User

BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Anup Karkal Win User
    Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. BitLocker How can I access drive? - Similar Threads - BitLocker access drive

2. Uninstalling programs that won't uninstall, I need them gone. lol.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalling programs that won't uninstall, I need them gone. lol.: I need help uninstalling programs that can not be uninstalled because they are "not found" yet they take up space. How do I find these programs or get my computer to recognize what it has. Thanks....
  3. How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence: I have several folders of mixed photos and videos. Currently they’re manually sorted as I want them, in the order of their creation regardless of filetype (IMG or MOV). If I sort them temporarily on another column (e.g. Comments or Tags) then I have no way of returning to the...
  4. Unable To access Others PCs On the Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable To access Others PCs On the Network: Unable to access Pcs on my network , please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unable-to-access-others-pcs-on-the-network/3944667c-3995-41d0-83a4-e2a009f9b011
  5. A shell command? How does that work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A shell command? How does that work?: DaveM121 showed (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/solvedhow-can-i-run-timeexe-from-a-command-prompt/06ae47c8-47b7-4207-9c34-26b3d714b6d2) that, if I want to run this: "C:\Program...
  6. I can't read the grey text!!!! Please do something about it as I can't read as well or have...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't read the grey text!!!! Please do something about it as I can't read as well or have...: Why do we have grey text? Light grey over white background and hard to read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-cant-read-the-grey-text-please-do-something/16284879-b21a-4b09-a39d-5af8c24b92b5
  7. Help i cant stream anny kind of video!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help i cant stream anny kind of video!!!!: After I had finished all of my updates, I found that I couldn't watch videos anymore, streaming/video sites (ex: Youtube, Twitch, Rooster-Teeth, Netflix, Hulu) wont load and or kick me out immediately as it loads. it even kicks me out of the Microsoft store if a video starts...
  8. How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?: wifi is connected, but I need to get the passphrase to connect another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-find-my-wifi-passphrase-on-my-computer/70448f73-6d8a-4e13-b62e-d523ff3ecc86
  9. Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.: sir, I am windows 10 user. I am trying to copy files on my usb flash drive, but it is showing popup of administrative permission required. I tried solution mention in following...
  10. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer: My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to...
Tags: