Windows 10: Bitlocker in w10pro when enabled - mainly only laptops use it?

Discus and support Bitlocker in w10pro when enabled - mainly only laptops use it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just upgraded 81 Pro to 10 Pro Bitlocker in w10pro when enabled - mainly only laptops use it? - in Win 10 Pro exist danger(possibility) locks you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lse123, Aug 16, 2015.

1. lse123 Win User

Bitlocker in w10pro when enabled - mainly only laptops use it?

I just upgraded 81 Pro to 10 Pro
    Bitlocker in w10pro when enabled - mainly only laptops use it? - in Win 10 Pro exist danger(possibility) locks you out and cannot access PC or files...even i insert correct password?

:)

lse123, Aug 16, 2015

2. Bitlocker when enabled - manly laptops use it? - in Win 10 Pro exist danger(possibility) locks you out

It does not happen yet... just ask : if activate bit-locker exist possibility locked out...?

Lse123polis, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Bitlocker when enabled - manly laptops use it? - in Win 10 Pro exist danger(possibility) locks you out

I just upgraded 81 Pro to 10 Pro

how check if upgrade is OK and good...succeed?

Also Bitlocker when enabled - manly laptops use it? - in Win 10 Pro exist danger(possibility) locks you out and cannot access PC or files...even i insert correct password?

Lse123polis, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Bitlocker in w10pro when enabled - mainly only laptops use it?

Use the recovery key if you don't know the password?

garydexter, Aug 17, 2015
  5. lse123 Win User
    I do not did yet but soon will do... what is: recovery key?

bit-locker is mainly/mostly for laptops/tablets?

lse123, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Bitlocker can be used on any machine that has a HDD and compatible TPM Chip.

You would have been issued the Recovery Key by Windows at the time of enabling BitLocker

garydexter, Aug 18, 2015
  7. lse123 Win User
    you mean there is No way locked out... even know key or pass?

HDD and compatible TPM Chip.
    My PC came with Win 7 Pro 4 yrs ago - must have this?

lse123, Aug 18, 2015
  8. robgr Win User

Check for any TPM module in Device Manager|Security devices
    You can use Bitlocker without a TPM module, see here

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  9. lse123 Win User
    6/21/2006 driver date - can not upgraded the driver
    I have but old... can work?

lse123, Aug 18, 2015
  10. lse123 Win User
    1.2 TPM module in Device Manager
    is it old... may fails and locked out?

lse123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bitlocker in w10pro when enabled - mainly only laptops use it? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker w10pro enabled

2. Laptop lags only when external monitor is set as main display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop lags only when external monitor is set as main display: I know it's been fixed in Windows 11, but 11 has other problems and I don't like the look of it. The only solution is to reboot the laptop while the monitor is connected, which is annoying. Does this problem occur in Windows 7 ? I tried setting the preferred gpu in nvidia...
  3. Enable Bitlocker by using a script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Bitlocker by using a script: Hi Everyone, My first post in here, hopefully you can help me out with this simple question. I've been able to create a GPO to deploy a script on all user machines and execute with a Scheduled Task with the use of SYSTEM permissions. Not a logon script etc. It works...
  4. Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only: I'm having a hard time getting BitLocker to work the same way on my newly built desktop as it does on my Surface Pro 3, i.e. the drive is unlocked instantly with the TPM and I go straight to the windows login screen. When I try to configure BitLocker it just wants me to plug...
  5. Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password: I have a laptop with Bitlocker enabled, I have no Admin password. I do NOT need the date on the hard drive. 1. How do I format the hard drive 2. Can I just replace the hard drive/SSD and proceed as 'normal' Thanks MJL6514...
  6. Enabling BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  7. option to only use password for Bitlocker?

option to only use password for Bitlocker?: On WIndows 10 Professional, can you use Bitlocker on a PC that has no TPM, and also not use a USB key? That is, can you specify that your drive will be unlocked solely by a password? 12022
  8. BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted

BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted: I have been using my laptop for a while, but no sensitive data stored on it yet and I just enabled Bitlocker with the Used Space option to save time. The files that were deleted are NOT sensitive. A few questions here. 1. When I decide to reinstall Windows 10 again on...
  9. BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?

BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?: I tried several times to encrypt the entire disk after reinstalling Windows 10 but it always took for ever (usually 10 hours) to fully encrypt my internal 320GB drive. I managed to run bitlocker successfully by encrypting only used space. My question is should I run...
  10. Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.: I have a two monitor set up, with my main monitor being a 27" screen and a second 22" touchscreen as a secondary monitor. I can only get the touchscreen monitor to pick up touches if I make it my main monitor. As soon as I switch my main monitor back to my 27" monitor...
Tags: