Windows 10: Bitlocker - light blue screen on startup

Discus and support Bitlocker - light blue screen on startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So turn on bit locker because i want to start encrypting my desktop computer and when i restart i get a light blue windows 10 screen. Anyone know whats... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by r3ckless, Aug 30, 2015.

1. r3ckless Win User

Bitlocker - light blue screen on startup

So turn on bit locker because i want to start encrypting my desktop computer and when i restart i get a light blue windows 10 screen. Anyone know whats going on?

I did the full disk encryption option at once and then it wanted to reboot. Not sure if i can post a screenshot to this post but when i get home ill add it.

I cannot find any results in my searches about anyone dealing with this yet. Could it be still running the encryption on startup?

:)

r3ckless, Aug 30, 2015
  2. DarkSIM27 Win User

Windows 10 update messed up bitlocker

After the most recent round of windows 10 updates Bitlocker on startup (right after turning on the computer) shows me just a blank light blue screen. I've been using bitlocker encryption on my surface 3 pro from day one and have not had any issues like
    this. When I detach the keyboard, I get the onscreen keyboard and the mouse works, but again, nothing else on the screen as far as prompts or asking for a password.

The strange thing about all this is that even though nothing is visible on the screen, if I enter my password and hit enter it will login and startup the computer. Considering Microsoft's history with blue screens, seeing just a blank screen on startup
    is pretty unnerving.

Please fix this problem ASAP.

DarkSIM27, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Bitlocker password promptscreen problem after installing update (KB3172985)

I have seen the same issue but it is when Windows 10 asks for the Bitlocker PIN and the screen is a light blue, not black.

GrantWilke, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Win10Meow Win User

Not sure how you've enabled full-system encryption.

If you're using TPM + PIN or USB + PIN, that blue screen is where you must enter your unlock PIN.

Win10Meow, Sep 5, 2015
  5. r3ckless Win User
    i enabled non tpm bitlocker encryption for windows 10 - I ended up wiping the drive and starting from scratch. It was time for my yearly "refresh" anyway (wipe and format then fresh install)

My best guess is that is wasn't done encrypting and was doing it on reboot? After 2 hours of it sitting there i gave up on it. The screen was a lite blue one (windows 8 / 10 style ) plain lite blue screen and it wasnt doing anything but responding to a restart.

This can be closed.

r3ckless, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bitlocker - light blue screen on startup - Similar Threads - Bitlocker light blue

2. Blue Screens on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens on Startup: Specs:Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA507RMWindows 11 HomeAMD Ryzen 7 6800H16 gigs of ram, upgraded to 64 gigs, same 4800mhz speed DDR5Intel 512 gig SSDMEDIATEK WIFI 6Nvidia RTX 3060 laptop GPUI had this laptop for a little over a year now, and for the past 5-6 months everything was...
  3. Blue screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on startup: Hello, im expereincing an issue were uppon startup im having a blue screen.The issue is appearing every now and then, for example 4 times from 24/11 till now...i have the dump files......
  4. Bitlocker & Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker & Blue Screen: Bilgisayarım açıldığında Bitlocker kurtarma ekranı çıkıyor, bitlocker şifremi girdikten sonra ise mavi ekran veriyor ve hiçbir sorun giderme seçeneğini uygulayamıyor.Format atmayı denediğimde de disk görememe sorunu oluştu.Yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  5. Bitlocker & Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker & Blue Screen: Bilgisayarım açıldığında Bitlocker kurtarma ekranı çıkıyor, bitlocker şifremi girdikten sonra ise mavi ekran veriyor ve hiçbir sorun giderme seçeneğini uygulayamıyor.Format atmayı denediğimde de disk görememe sorunu oluştu.Yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  6. Bitlocker & Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Blue screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen on startup: After restoring my laptop and installing windows 10 (with several issues along the way) I manage to get to my home screen. However, on the next startup a blue screen appears with error 0xc000000e every single time. The only reliable way I have to access windows is by getting...
  8. blue light that screen emits

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue light that screen emits: I use the night light setting after nine. If i set it lower and lower will it filter ALL or most of the blue light from the laptop? Or is there a reliable software that will do that at no cost? I'm not asking for MS endorsements or products. Thanks Paula...
  9. Blue Screen On Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen On Startup: Hi, Since last night, I have been experiencing a problem upon starting up my Toshiba Laptop(with Windows 10) as when I do so the computer says please wait and shortly after, a blue screen pops up. It then tells me to choose my keyboard layout, where I click UK and move on....
  10. BitLocker normal light-blue screen but no unlock prompt. Still works!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker normal light-blue screen but no unlock prompt. Still works!: Hi all, I've enabled BitLocker (Win 10 Pro) on a Dell laptop Inspiron 5558 and all went well. BUT.... When I power on the computer the familiar light blue BitLocker screen appears but there is no prompt to enter the key. Just a light blue screen, nothing else...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. light blue screen on startup

2. windows 10 light blue recovery pin startup

3. bitlocker blue screen turns on when i turn on computer

4. light blue grid screen at startup