Windows 10: bitlocker locked by itself on win 10

Discus and support bitlocker locked by itself on win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Now its says windows version not compatible with this version of encryption, I have already update BIOS, and winodws 10, drivers,, port also changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AfaqKuraishi, Jul 9, 2018.

1. bitlocker locked by itself on win 10

Now its says windows version not compatible with this version of encryption, I have already update BIOS, and winodws 10, drivers,, port also changed hard drive port

now can somebuddy tell me how to decrypt my partition , I have to save my data, plz plz help me , how to remove this locked bit locker nothing works

:)

AfaqKuraishi, Jul 9, 2018

2. Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 9, 2018
  4. bitlocker locked by itself on win 10

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

bitlocker locked by itself on win 10

1. bitlocker locked by itself on win 10 - Similar Threads - bitlocker locked itself

2. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker turned itself on: We have a Dell laptop in which a tech tried to install a USB to VGA dongle. In the process, the computer restarted and went into recovery mode. When we finally got out of recovery, the OS apparently turned Bitlocker on its own so we don't have a 48-character key to unlock it....
  3. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker turned itself on: We have a Dell laptop in which a tech tried to install a USB to VGA dongle. In the process, the computer restarted and went into recovery mode. When we finally got out of recovery, the OS apparently turned Bitlocker on its own so we don't have a 48-character key to unlock it....
  4. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  6. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  7. BitLocker locked my HDD by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker locked my HDD by itself: Dear team, I decided to reinstall my Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10. I have downloaded Microsoft Windows 10 installation/ Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's website and installed in on my USB Drive. I have completed the new installation of windows. After that I've...
  8. Windows 10 locked computer by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 locked computer by itself: My HP Envy x360 locked up by itself while launching a game, i know the game wasn't a virus because it was Minecraft: Java edition but may be something else, please let me know if this is a virus or a windows error, Thank you!...
  9. BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself: On several occasions, after removing an old drive, the drive gets locked by "Bitlocker" even though the user did not activate "Bitlocker" any solution? thx...
  10. Reinstalled Win 10 and Issue with Bitlocker locked drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalled Win 10 and Issue with Bitlocker locked drive: I had to reinstall windows 10 on my pc that has several HDD and SSD drives. One hard drive that was locked by bitlocker is no longer recognized. I'm am never asked for the password to unlock. Under disk management I can see the drive but it is shown as "unallocated space"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows partition randomly locked with bitlocker

2. bitlocker turned itself off

3. bitlocker randomly locking

4. how did bitlocker get on my computer to lock anything,
  5. windows 10 bitlocker turned on by itself,
  6. bitlocker turned itself on,
  7. why does bitlocker lock itself,
  8. drive locked itself by bitlocker window10,
  9. bitlocker enabled by itself,
  10. BitLocker turns itself on after mother board change,
  11. why did bitlocker lock my drive without informing me,