Windows 10: Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

Discus and support Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AfaqKuraishi, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works

please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because i cannot buy the version so please help

:)

AfaqKuraishi, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Saja67 Win User

Bitlocker not asking for password set up

I have the same problem as David with bitlocker set-up not asking me for a password. Following the instructions in the article suggested by Jennifer does not help as it assumes that I will be prompted to enter a password - the set up skips that step going
    straight to the options for saving the recovery key. Once (supposedly) encrypted, I can restart my computer without having to enter anything apart from my microsoft password so I do not have any additional security at all.

Saja67, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Bitlocker drive got currupted

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description, it appears that you were able to recover the data using third party application. So now, are you trying to encrypt/decrypt the bit locker in Windows 10?

I suggest you to check the below steps and see if it helps.

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open
      Cortana Search

• Type
      BitLocker
      in the search field.

• And in the search results select
      Manage BitLocker option.

• BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    How to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker

• By following the above steps, you are into the
      BitLocker Drive Encryption window.

• Now you can see all the drives of your computer listed on that window.

• Look for the drive that you want to encrypt and click on
      Turn On BitLocker option of that drive to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker.

• Another
      BitLocker Encryption
      window will appear on your screen.

• Here you will be asked
      How you want to unlock the drive.

• You have two options,
      password and smart card. I opted for the password method. So click on
      Use a password to unlock this drive.

• It will ask you to provide a strong
      password.

• Remember that you will need this password at every stage when you boot
      Windows 10. And also carefully remember the password as with the wrong password you will not be able to use encrypted system correctly.

• Click
      Next
      after entering and confirming the password.

• Now you will have to
      back up your recovery key. In future, if you face any difficulty in accessing the encrypted drives then this key will be helpful.

• Choose the preferred location and click
      Next.

• In the following window, you have decided that
      how much of a drive you will like to encrypt.

• Choose the desired option and click
      Next.

• The next window will ask
      Are you ready to encrypt the drive.

• Click on Start Encrypting
      option.

• The process of encryption drive partition is over.

• Restart your system.

• You will see that encrypted drive is locked.

• When you double-click it to open it, you will be asked to provide the
      password.

• Enter the
      password
      and click Unlock.

• On the
      Notification Area
      of the Taskbar, a pop-up box will appear showing you the encryption process going on in the background of the desktop.

• After the completion of the encryption, you will be informed about it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

Asking BitLocker password during startup on Windows 10

Hello Millie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand you concern in this regard.

What is the exact message you can see on the screen?

From your description, I suspect that your device is enabled with BitLocker password. If you're locked out of your device, you'll need a BitLocker recovery key to sign back in. There is no other alternative to pass this screen without a BitLocker key or
    password. To learn more about this, suggest you to refer
    BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions
    . The same article will applies for Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

1. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password - Similar Threads - Bitlocker locked partition

2. bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known: bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known in personal acer laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-is-asking-for-password-but-password-is/95f030a9-b3e0-47a1-bda9-d25d43e0750f
  3. bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known: bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known in personal acer laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-is-asking-for-password-but-password-is/95f030a9-b3e0-47a1-bda9-d25d43e0750f
  4. bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  6. ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop asks for Bitlocker that I never setup: Howdy, essentially I was on my computer, whether it was over heating, had a virus or a battery issue or something, it would randomly restart now and again. Well it restarted and got on a Bitlocker screen, something about boot something changing meant it needed my key. Well...
  7. bitlocker locked my D: partition

bitlocker locked my D: partition: my windows 10-x64-2004 got loaded, so I fresh installed a new one using a bootable USB, by delete and recreate C: and related partitions from the installation wizard after the fresh windows is fully installed, I found that the D partition my personal data got locked by...
  8. How to make Bitlocker ask for password every time I access a bitlocked partition?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Bitlocker ask for password every time I access a bitlocked partition?.: Hello, I have a bitlocked partition on my main drive where I store some private files but the thing is Bitlocker only asks for the password the first time I access the partition after that it's unlocked until I turn off the PC.. which defeats the purpose of encrypting the...
  9. Bitlocker asks for password twice

Bitlocker asks for password twice: My client has an Acer laptop with Windows 10 Pro. There is no TPM chip so we have to enter a password at pre-boot. The thing is, it always asks for this password twice. I know I an entering the correct data, and after I enter it the second time the machine boots as...
  10. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password: suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because...