Windows 10: BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

Discus and support BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xBrokenxSoulx, Jun 22, 2017.

1. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but maybe i missed something. Help please.

:)

xBrokenxSoulx, Jun 22, 2017
  2. P.K.H. Win User

Bitlocker-What are the advantages of TPM?

They key point is I want a Bitlocker bootup password.

In case the PC is stolen I don't want it to boot up. If it can boot up without a password then the data could be decrypted and available.

P.K.H., Jun 22, 2017
  3. P.K.H. Win User
    Bitlocker-What are the advantages of TPM?

I'm looking for a new PC and would install full disk encryption with Bitlocker under Windows 10. This would also be setup with a Bitlocker boot password.

In the situation where a boot password is being used what are the Bitlocker advantages of getting TPM on the new PC vs one without?

Thank You

P.K.H., Jun 22, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

It should require TPM or USB or password/PIN.

What does powershell command manage-bde -status c: say? Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> manage-bde -status c: BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.15063 Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Volume C: [] [OS Volume] Size: 64.00 GB BitLocker Version: 2.0 Conversion Status: Used Space Only Encrypted Percentage Encrypted: 100.0% Encryption Method: XTS-AES 128 Protection Status: Protection On Lock Status: Unlocked Identification Field: Unknown Key Protectors: TPM Numerical Password PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote]

5. BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.15063Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Volume C: [][OS Volume] Size: 400.00 GB BitLocker Version: 2.0 Conversion Status: Fully Encrypted Percentage Encrypted: 100.0% Encryption Method: XTS-AES 128 Protection Status: Protection On Lock Status: Unlocked Identification Field: Unknown Key Protectors: Password External Key Numerical Password

I tried to do the same as you but it keeps changing the format of the text

xBrokenxSoulx, Jun 23, 2017
  6. Hydrate Win User
    I want to think that your BitLocker encryption policies are in need to be reconfigured currently.

Access the Run menu > Windows Key + R

Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

Navigate the policy hive on the left hand column

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM) [​IMG]

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\BitLocker Drive Encryption\Operating System Drives

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM) [​IMG]

This may be the policy we are looking for. Enable it.

Do not enable complexity if your password does not meet the requirements or else you may lock yourself out of the system.

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  7. Hydrate Win User
    You're very welcome! I'm glad I could solve the issue for you. Congratulations!

Hydrate, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

1. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM) - Similar Threads - BitLocker requiring password

2. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  3. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  4. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pre-boot BitLocker password typing affected by TPM?

Pre-boot BitLocker password typing affected by TPM?: I wish I encountered normal problems, but no. I expect this will be another one that no one can explain... I have been using my Win10 system for well over a year now. I only just enabled the TPM in the BIOS, to check if my system is Win11 compatible (it is). My BIOS version...
  6. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  7. Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?

Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?: I have seen this question asked elsewhere several times, but with different answers...so I just want to make sure my understanding of BitLocker is correct. In the past, I had used BitLocker on several computers that did Not have a TPM...therefore I had to use a strong...
  8. Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes

Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes: I'm having a problem that the Bitlocker password screen which appears when I switch on has been replaced by a pattern of vertical orange/ brown stripes. [img] The main laptop I use day-to-day has been running Windows 8/8.1 Pro since not long after Win8 was released- I...
  9. Bitlocker with TPM and Offline Password Editor

Bitlocker with TPM and Offline Password Editor: Hi, If I enable Bitlocker with TPM (i.e. no passcode required on boot-up), and I have the Local Administrator account enabled on the machine (with my normal user account as a standard account), would it be possible for someone with a Hirens Boot CD blank/reset the Local...
  10. Bitlocker without TPM help

Bitlocker without TPM help: Hi all, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I upgraded it to Win 10. It all went smoothly except now when I'm trying to get Bitlocker to encrypt his drive. It has an ssd...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker not requiring password at reset

2. bit locker not requiring password

3. bitlocker not requiring password at reboot