Windows 10: BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge

Discus and support BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The following recovery is being (has been) performed on an external enclosure running JBOD. I recently "recovered" a bitlocker drive using the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by generalcon, Sep 10, 2016.

1. BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge

The following recovery is being (has been) performed on an external enclosure running JBOD. I recently "recovered" a bitlocker drive using the following command in cmd prompt on windows 7:
    repair-bde C: Z: -rp 062612-026103-175593-225830-027357-086526-362263-513414

Once the recovery process reached 50% cmd prompt gave me the following error (see attached screenshot). During this screenshot, Cmd prompt did not stop outputting out log errors, but error code was ALWAYS "log error 0xc0000035" and was continuously being output for different offset points.

I was able to restore the content, however, I do have an issues reading the files. 95% of the files (except for the most recently written data), have a read error. The file sizes seem to be fine, but the data is unreadable. I am wondering if you have any suggestions beyond running chk disk?

Please let me know if you have any advice as to where i might turn next folks. This recovery effort has been an ongoing project since 2012. Thanks in advance for your time, and support.

Regards

:)

generalcon, Sep 10, 2016

2. BitLocker Recovery

Can you post a picture of the list of partitions on your hard drive, or type it? The Galaxy TabPro S should have a recovery partition, which will be used to reinstall Windows. You should not need Wi-Fi or an external drive to reinstall Windows if your
    PC has a recovery partition.

Riley Lynn Nairn, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Parameter is incorrect when enabling Bitlocker (when Shrinking the partition)

Correct. The active partition was not separated and it was unable to shrink the main partition to create the active partition Bitlocker needs.

I was able to finally get it to work. I ended up using diskpart on the command line to shrink the main partition and then grow it back. That got it out of whatever state it was stuck in and allowed Bitlocker to continue as required and make the separate
    recovery partition.

gingerdude, Sep 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge

Don't know if it will work with Bitlocker but when I have problem HDDs to deal with I will boot to a Linux LiveDVD such as Linux Mint to check the contents of a drive. Linux supports NTFS and other drive formats. The main thing is that encryption keys may be stored in Windows and booting to Linux bypasses that, sometimes accessing files works. Just an idea.

Berton, Sep 10, 2016
  5. have you ever tried to unlock a bitlocker drive encrypted in windows from Linux LiveDVD? I have a suspicion this would work. perhaps i am not understanding? Thanks for the reply

generalcon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge

1. BitLocker + Partition Experts Needed for Uncommon Recovery Challenge - Similar Threads - BitLocker Partition Experts

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Needed: I took my computer into to have it serviced, and it was found that I needed a new hard drive. However, when the new one was installed, the tech needed a Bitlocker recoverty key to transfer the data from the old, to the new, hard drive. I did not know that I had Bitlocker on...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Needed: I took my computer into to have it serviced, and it was found that I needed a new hard drive. However, when the new one was installed, the tech needed a Bitlocker recoverty key to transfer the data from the old, to the new, hard drive. I did not know that I had Bitlocker on...
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. In need of expert advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In need of expert advice: So I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3.. laptop has been great until today. I loaded up my laptop like usual, logged in, immediately got a "something went wrong, we need to reatart" blue screen, then after a few seconds the screen went black and nothing's working. Literally nothing, no...
  6. bitlocker recovery key needed

bitlocker recovery key needed: looking for a bit locker recovery key needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-needed/9ed2a1b7-9207-4703-bf78-c44c219f3c5d
  7. Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk: SO I Had a big 3 TB disk, I used one partition with bitlocker GPT, another that's 200 GB with Linux ubuntu on it and one with 9 GB for linux system required partition. I wanted to remove the linux. I used AOMEI assistant to delete linux partitions, but I did it without...
  8. Need Bitlocker recovery key

Need Bitlocker recovery key: Need Bitlocker recovery key for my HP Elite 840g4 laptop. How do I get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-bitlocker-recovery-key/90de3f78-a1ad-459e-b3f2-21d26190e65b
  9. Need recovery code for bitlocker

in Cortana
    Need recovery code for bitlocker: Need recovery key for bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-recovery-code-for-bitlocker/ce681513-7b72-48c4-9910-948a3db284b5"
  10. Recovery partition needs optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery partition needs optimization: When I upgraded to the Creators Update, I have noticed that the Recovery partition of my hard drive reads 13% fragmented. I have tried defragmenting it, but nothing happens. Having mild OCD, how do I remedy this? 81972
Tags: