Windows 10: BitLocker Password Entry

Discus and support BitLocker Password Entry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterAstle, Jul 9, 2018.

1. BitLocker Password Entry

I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed, a PC restart was requested. On restarting I see the blue screen asking for my BitLocker Password (Yes I do know it!) Unfortunately I am unable to enter it as my wireless keyboard does not respond. I tried a USB keyboard but that did not respond either. I believe that I have Fast Boot enabled in my UEFI settings which may be why the USB keyboard does not work, but I am unable to access UEFI outside of Windows (or at least I do not know how to) in order to disable Fast Boot. What options do I have at this stage? Is a PS2 keyboard likely to work - unfortunately I don't have one.

:)

PeterAstle, Jul 9, 2018

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 9, 2018
  4. BitLocker Password Entry

System is shutting down and turning itself on repeatedly while wating for password on the BitLocker password entry blue screen

Hi Amir,

If you’re still experiencing issue with BitLocker on your Windows 10 PC, you may follow the steps below:

• Temporarily suspend BitLocker. Press Windows Key + S and type in bitlocker. Select
      Manage BitLocker from the list results.
    • Start Command Prompt as administrator. Press Windows Key + X and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt window, type in bfsvc.exe %windir%\boot /v
      and press Enter to run it.
    • Turn on BitLocker protection.

Keep us posted.

Josette Sal, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker Password Entry

1. BitLocker Password Entry - Similar Threads - BitLocker Password Entry

2. Bitlocker recovery key entry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key entry: My new computer asks me to enter the recovery key for the new device. I found the key, I can key in the numerical letters, but can't key in the letters. what I need to do?<Changed to a question>...
  3. password entry screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password entry screen: Since the Feature Update to 21H1 when I start my computer and get passed the annoying welcome lock screen, the password entry screen sometimes does not appear - just a blank blue screen!! The only way I have found to move on is to shut down my computer and start again!!Anyone...
  4. password entry screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password entry screen: Since the Feature Update to 21H1 when I start my computer and get passed the annoying welcome lock screen, the password entry screen sometimes does not appear - just a blank blue screen!! The only way I have found to move on is to shut down my computer and start again!!Anyone...
  5. password entry screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Bitlocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker password: I'm running Windows 10 and would like to change my Bitlocker password. When I try to do this I receive a message that Group Policy settings do not permit the creation of a password. I've been unable to figure out what setting I need to change. Thank you...
  7. Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup: Hello, I got a new Corsair K70 MK2 keyboard. I have the latest firmware and hit a roadblock with Corsair support. I have a Dell desktop PC with bitlocker enabled no TPM. When I start up my PC, just after the BIOS initialisation, my new keyboard cannot enter the password...
  8. Darium Password Entry Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Darium Password Entry Issue: Diarium will not allow me to insert the alphbetical components of my password but will allow the numerical digets. It was working this morning. Two hours later I can not access it. Keyboard works fine for all other software and apps as does the virtual keyboard. Laptop has...
  9. Password entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password entry: I turn my computer off during the day. When signing in at night I'm often prompted to sign in to my Microsoft account because of account issues. I sign in problem solved. is this the norm?...
  10. Password entry twice

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password entry twice: My computer installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators update this last week. Since then on power up I have to enter the logon password twice. After the first entry the logon screen "refreshes" and then requests the password. After the second entry the computer starts just...