Windows 10: Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials

Discus and support Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have enabled windows bit-locker in our environment. Currently, we are using two separate password to login (bit-locker pre-boot and domain login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Siva_Sanggaran, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials

We have enabled windows bit-locker in our environment. Currently, we are using two separate password to login (bit-locker pre-boot and domain login password). Is it possible to sync the Bit-Locker password as the same as our domain user logon account password?

If not possible, is there any work around to make those two password sync?

Thanks in advanced for any help

:)

Siva_Sanggaran, Aug 20, 2018

2. BitLocker questions

Hello,

Thanks for the fast response

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed in the laptops?
    Windows 10 pro

• Are the laptops connected to any Domain environment?
    Yes

• What do you mean when you say 'boot directly into windows'?
    After I get pass the BitLocker screen authentication screen, The user log into windows without having to put in there password

• Do you mean backing up recovery keys when you say 'synchronize the BitLocker password and Windows passwords'? Otherwise, you cannot synchronization these two passwords.
    My manager wanted the password to be the same and sync when you change the windows password.

Linton Harris, Aug 20, 2018
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials

1. Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials - Similar Threads - Bitlocker password sync

2. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  3. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  4. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows credentials on another domain share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows credentials on another domain share: Hi and thanks in advance for the time spent to read my issue.I've some user on our domain lets call it DomA that need to access a share on a fileserver in another domain DomB. The issue is that windows tries silently to log in on the share with the DomA credential, fails and...
  6. Windows credentials on another domain share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows credentials on another domain share: Hi and thanks in advance for the time spent to read my issue.I've some user on our domain lets call it DomA that need to access a share on a fileserver in another domain DomB. The issue is that windows tries silently to log in on the share with the DomA credential, fails and...
  7. Windows credentials on another domain share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials: I have observed an issue with my WINDOWS 10 corporate PC. It seems Windows Credential Manager is unable to sync my passwords. As a preliminary troubleshooting, I have completed all the following steps but Credential Manager is still unable to sync my Web & Windows passwords....
  9. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562
  10. Web Credentials not Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Web Credentials not Syncing: Setup clean 1709 from scratch on Laptop but Web Credentials have not synced though my MS account. Only favourites have synced across after verifying account. Any way of invoking a new sync session manually? Have been waiting for a couple of days but no change. 99424

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker user credentials

2. sync bitlocker password to user password

3. windows 10 bitlocker domain password

4. windows 10 bitlocker domain logon problem,
  5. bitlocker and domain accounts,
  6. bit locker password sync,
  7. how to synchronize domain password with bitlocker,
  8. bitlocker unlock with domain password,
  9. logon bitlocker with AD credentials