Windows 10: BitLocker questions

Discus and support BitLocker questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, sorry for my poor English. I just realised that my HDD was Encrypted with BitLocker and I did not knew that. Rather I had no Key to access... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Adalwar, May 10, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

BitLocker questions

Hi,
    sorry for my poor English.

I just realised that my HDD was Encrypted with BitLocker and I did not knew that. Rather I had no Key to access files in case of a failure were I could not boot any longer.

How do I access my Data in case I can not Boot the PC and I have access Data from other PC?

:)

Adalwar, May 10, 2016

2. Bitlocker TPM only authentication question

Hi Bob,

We have an available article where you can check for some information about your question with BitLocker. Please refer to this article:

BitLocker frequently asked questions (FAQ).

Regards.

Marque Lor, May 10, 2016
  3. BitLocker questions

Hello Linton,

Since the laptops are connected to a Domain environment. I suggest you to
    post your question in the Technet Forum, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the following link to reach out to them and post your query there:

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 10, 2016
  4. BitLocker questions

You need the recovery key

garydexter, May 12, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Thank you.
    Well, where do I get that Key? That is the question.

Adalwar, May 12, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    I did a System Image a Restored it, now System ist not Encrypted anylonger.
    System Images are not encrypted.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker questions

1. BitLocker questions - Similar Threads - BitLocker questions

2. Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question: My non-C drives are Bitlocked and I've made backups of files on them on external hard drives and usb flash drives.If I now want to re-install Windows, I want to un-Bitlock my drives first, then make backups of these drives.But all my other backups have been backed up using...
  3. Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question: My non-C drives are Bitlocked and I've made backups of files on them on external hard drives and usb flash drives.If I now want to re-install Windows, I want to un-Bitlock my drives first, then make backups of these drives.But all my other backups have been backed up using...
  4. Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  6. BitLocker Questions

BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  7. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  8. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  9. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. BitLocker Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...
Tags: