Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically what happened is:I didn't have bitlocker enabled. After a security!? update turned off and updated, when I turned on the computer again, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatiasWainsten, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files

Basically what happened is:I didn't have bitlocker enabled. After a security!? update turned off and updated, when I turned on the computer again, it was asking for bitlocker password, which I didn't have, so I went through the normal bitlocker recovery procedure through microsoft website.After that, I turned bitlocker off and left it decrypting for an hour or so.Immediately after that I started getting VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 113 bluescreens. Reinstalled drivers video drivers, that kind of fixed it but got a couple bluescreens more. Now I ran SFC and DISM, which found some corrupted f

:)

MatiasWainsten, Dec 1, 2023

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 1, 2023
  3. saqib_415 Win User
    Lost bitlocker recovery key

I have lost my bitlocker recovery key and tried following the recovery steps. I have also searched and tried following the command prompts suggested but none have worked.

saqib_415, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files

Xylee Del, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files

1. Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker and recovery key needed after a Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker and recovery key needed after a Windows Update: I have been installing a Surface Go 3 and when connected to the internet, Windows Update automatically download and install all update available. But after windows update finished and the PC needs to be restarted, it shows Bitlocker and request for a recovery key. It was a...
  3. Bitlocker and recovery key needed after a Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker and recovery key needed after a Windows Update: I have been installing a Surface Go 3 and when connected to the internet, Windows Update automatically download and install all update available. But after windows update finished and the PC needs to be restarted, it shows Bitlocker and request for a recovery key. It was a...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files: Basically what happened is:I didn't have bitlocker enabled. After a security!? update turned off and updated, when I turned on the computer again, it was asking for bitlocker password, which I didn't have, so I went through the normal bitlocker recovery procedure through...
  5. Corrupted files and incorrect recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files and incorrect recovery key: I have a couple corrupted files on a new USB drive. It doesn't let me delete them so I looked up videos and they said to enter Safe Mode in order to delete them. When I try to enter safe mode, it asks me to enter my recovery key. I followed the instructions to find it, which...
  6. Corrupted files and incorrect recovery key

Corrupted files and incorrect recovery key: I have a couple corrupted files on a new USB drive. It doesn't let me delete them so I looked up videos and they said to enter Safe Mode in order to delete them. When I try to enter safe mode, it asks me to enter my recovery key. I followed the instructions to find it, which...
  7. After update Bitlocker recovery key is changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update Bitlocker recovery key is changed.: Hello,We have corporate install from SCCM. After installation Bitlocker recovery key is stored in AD and it works. After we update Windows 10 LTSC the recovery key is changed without warning and is NOT saved in AD. Is anybody know something about that?...
  8. After update Bitlocker recovery key is changed.

After update Bitlocker recovery key is changed.: Hello,We have corporate install from SCCM. After installation Bitlocker recovery key is stored in AD and it works. After we update Windows 10 LTSC the recovery key is changed without warning and is NOT saved in AD. Is anybody know something about that?...
  9. After update Bitlocker recovery key is changed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates: I have a ~50 Windows 10 - Dell OptiPlex 7070 desktops setup through Windows AutoPilot that are prompting for both the BitLocker PIN and the Recovery Key after restarting from Windows Updates. Why are these desktops needing both of these to startup after running updates?...