Windows 10: Bitlocker Recovery "Process" Does not help clients in need

Discus and support Bitlocker Recovery "Process" Does not help clients in need in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570. It is less than three months old. This morning after a restart, I was prompted to enter a Bitlocker recovery key. I had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GordonGartrelle, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Bitlocker Recovery "Process" Does not help clients in need

I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570. It is less than three months old. This morning after a restart, I was prompted to enter a Bitlocker recovery key. I had no idea what this was. After searching the internet and calling support it is determined that my Bitlocker recovery key is lost and my drive is locked. I don't understand how Microsoft could create such a process to 'protect' the client that would have NO avenue to recover if the client did not even understand the process or made a mistake.

If I lock myself out of my house, I can call a locksmith, show my id and get back in. With this process. I have no alternative but to factory reset my PC and lose my files. In my case, I lost everything on the C drive, but my D drive is still locked and looking for this stupid key. ...This is spinning in circles. What is the solution?

The first thing I will do when I recover is to permanently disable Bitlocker, so I won't have to deal with this again....

:)

GordonGartrelle, Sep 4, 2018

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Bitlocker Recovery "Process" Does not help clients in need

E for Excel, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker Recovery "Process" Does not help clients in need

1. Bitlocker Recovery "Process" Does not help clients in need - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery Process

2. Need help to recover BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to recover BitLocker recovery key: I need help to recover my BitLocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-to-recover-bitlocker-recovery-key/f2be5c47-8fa6-4ee4-a226-a8e8e737381c
  3. Need help to recover BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help to recover BitLocker recovery key: I need help to recover my BitLocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-to-recover-bitlocker-recovery-key/f2be5c47-8fa6-4ee4-a226-a8e8e737381c
  4. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with BitLocker Recovery key: I have a Dell Laptop and a Surface Pro 7+ which both devices are on my Microsoft account. I cannot access my Dell Laptop due to the request to input the BitLocker Recovery Key, which I don't have despite not enabling any setting for that.What can I do to be able to use my...
  5. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

Need help with BitLocker Recovery key: I have a Dell Laptop and a Surface Pro 7+ which both devices are on my Microsoft account. I cannot access my Dell Laptop due to the request to input the BitLocker Recovery Key, which I don't have despite not enabling any setting for that.What can I do to be able to use my...
  6. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. need help for looking bitlocker recovery id

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help for looking bitlocker recovery id: help please,Volume D: [Label Unknown] All Key Protectors External Key: ID: {D2415861-61AD-463F-A21C-D7E0E148D9A3} External Key File Name: D2415861-61AD-463F-A21C-D7E0E148D9A3.BEK Numerical Password: ID: {CE15398C-7F5B-4051-9D84-0FE9359FDAEF} - it's not workin to unlock...
  8. need help for looking bitlocker recovery id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help for looking bitlocker recovery id: help please,Volume D: [Label Unknown] All Key Protectors External Key: ID: {D2415861-61AD-463F-A21C-D7E0E148D9A3} External Key File Name: D2415861-61AD-463F-A21C-D7E0E148D9A3.BEK Numerical Password: ID: {CE15398C-7F5B-4051-9D84-0FE9359FDAEF} - it's not workin to unlock...
  9. need help for looking bitlocker recovery id

10. Need Help with the BitLocker Numeric Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with the BitLocker Numeric Recovery Key: My Lenovo laptop is running on Windows 11 and I need the numeric recovery key the 48 digits number to access my laptop. I never set my laptop to turn on with BitLocker Key, but sometimes the laptop went to Bitllock key requirement this morning.According to my Microsoft...