Windows 10: BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove?

Discus and support BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got this rather strange problem with BitLocker. I have a WD Elements 2TB external HDD that is BitLocker Encrypted on Windows 10 Pro on my Desktop PC.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paolonicus, Feb 16, 2018.

1. BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove?

I got this rather strange problem with BitLocker. I have a WD Elements 2TB external HDD that is BitLocker Encrypted on Windows 10 Pro on my Desktop PC. Now, probably because for convenience I previously set it to auto-unlock as to not have to always input my password whenever I plugged it in my Laptop which has Windows 10 Home. Now I want to remove that auto-unlock feature due to security reasons in the event that both my laptop and external HDD were to be somewhat be lost or stolen together (hopefully not). It would be easy if BitLocker was only available on Home version of Windows 10.

How do I go about doing that? I hate to have BitLocker Turn off, then re-enable again, as this will take a minimum of 12-hours to complete base on my experience with just the half of my 2Tb HDD full. An easier way would be nice.

Thank you.

:)

Paolonicus, Feb 16, 2018
  2. CraigLong Win User

Bit Locker disable problem

To my knowledge Bitlocker is compatible on all Windows PCs. Exception: If you protected a drive with the new Bitlocker encryption on Windows 10 then you cannot unlock it on a Windows 7 PC. I can open my Bitlocker protected drives on other Windows 10 PCs.
    But I choose to protect them with a password since I don't have the TPM chip in my PCs and I use
    Bitlocker to Go for removable drives.

When you are finished with a drive protected by bitlocker you don't lock it before powering down or removing it. Bitlocker is not available on Windows 10 Home so maybe you can't open it on a Home edition PC (not sure about that).

This is a good reference:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/192894/how-to-set-up-bitlocker-encryption-on-windows/

CraigLong, Feb 16, 2018
  3. How to set up BitLocker on a pc without TPM

I am trying to set up Bitlocker whole disk encryption on my Windows 10 Home computer. The "help" keeps running me in circles without resolving my question. Can I even use Bitlocker with Windows 10 Home Edition?

Grant P. Beagles, Feb 16, 2018
  4. essenbe Win User

BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove?

essenbe, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Paolonicus, Feb 16, 2018
  6. I already tried those methods, unfortunately none of them worked as my laptop is a Windows 10 Home version.

Paolonicus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove?

1. BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove? - Similar Threads - BitLocker set AutoUnlock

2. How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home: HiTwo of my drives D and E are locked under bitlocker encryption. Everytime I login, I have to enter the encryption keys again which I get from my Recovery Keys panel on my Microsoft Account. How do I remove this encryption ?I dont have any bitlocker encryption setting in my...
  3. How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home: HiTwo of my drives D and E are locked under bitlocker encryption. Everytime I login, I have to enter the encryption keys again which I get from my Recovery Keys panel on my Microsoft Account. How do I remove this encryption ?I dont have any bitlocker encryption setting in my...
  4. How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version: Hi, After I upgraded my C: drive to a larger SSD, I found my D: is locked as shown below. I encountered a few error messages because the D: is not available after each reboot. I had to provide a key to unlock it before assessing the data after each reboot. Is it possible to...
  7. how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version: Hi, After I upgraded my C: drive to a larger SSD, I found my D: is locked as shown below. I encountered a few error messages because the D: is not available after each reboot. I had to provide a key to unlock it before assessing the data after each reboot. Is it possible to...
  8. how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to remove BitLocker encryption in Windows 10

How to remove BitLocker encryption in Windows 10: My laptop went in recovery mode and BitLocker popped up. How do I start my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-bitlocker-encryption-in-windows-10/8a8b3d0f-3add-4f6f-b474-04bb35d8ce03
  10. Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery

Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery: I have a BitLocker setup where C: is encrypted and D: as well using the same encryption setup. D: is set to auto unlock upon startup and that works well under normal circumstances. I am facing now a data recovery task. Booting Windows 10 into a recovery console allows me to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlock encrypted drive in wondows 10

2. windows10 home bitlocker autounlock

3. Disable/Enable auto-unlock windows10 home single lanuage

4. windows 10 home auto unlock,
  5. windows 10 home have bitlocker,
  6. windows 10 home auto unlock bitlocker,
  7. bitlocker auto-unlock windows 10 home,
  8. Windows 10 Home enable auto-unlock Bitlocker