Windows 10: Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted

Discus and support Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After I ungraded my Windows 10 Pro with the latest update from Microsoft, my Bitlocker encryption was suspended. I do have TPM 2.0. When I tried to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CaseyTurcott, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted

After I ungraded my Windows 10 Pro with the latest update from Microsoft, my Bitlocker encryption was suspended. I do have TPM 2.0. When I tried to resume it, I received an error message trying to open the Wizard. I cannot turn Bitlocker back on and need it for my business. Can anyone help?

:)

CaseyTurcott, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Schlocko Win User
    Bitlocker encryption suspended - how to restart

It possible that the BitLocker protection was accidentally suspended.

For us to provide you with appropriate resolution, please answer the questions below.

• When did the issue start? Not sure, maybe last week or so
    • Were there any changes made on the device? Only a few Win updates
    • Are you able to log in to your device? Yes
    • Have you tried to resume encryption in the BitLocker Manager?
      The option is not available when I right mouse click or not sure where to look for it
    • Can you clarify "on the reboot the TPM commands won't recognize my keyboard"?
      I do the steps to use TPM.MSC to clear out settings and reset password. I get to the reboot screen and no key works on the Surface keyboard I use

Schlocko, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted

How do I suspend Bitlocker in Windows 10?

Hi Kev,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with placing the device in sleep mode and waking up, we will help you with this issue.

As your concern is to Turn off BitLocker in Windows 10, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop BitLocker Device Encryption service.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Turn on or off BitLocker

Note: The steps mentioned in the article applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted

1. Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted - Similar Threads - Bitlocker suspends Microsoft

2. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  3. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  4. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  5. Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it: This happens to many hundreds of our enterprise devices every month, after a cumulative update is installed on Windows. Bitlocker becomes suspended for multiple reboots. Ultimately, I'd like to solve the root of the problem by eliminating the suspension over several reboots....
  6. Blue screen after suspend windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after suspend windows 10 pro: Hi everyone,I have my laptop with Windows 10 Pro with this specificationsHP Pavilion 14-BK0xxProcesador IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz RAM instalada 24.0 GB 23.9 GB utilizable Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64 Edición Windows 10 Pro...
  7. suspend BitLocker

suspend BitLocker: What are the steps to suspend BitLocker? My BitLocker activated and locked me out. I found the key and got back in but now I'm asked to enter the key each time I log in. I learned that my BIOS need to be updated and in doing that, was instructed to suspend BitLocker. I've...
  8. Bitlocker automatically suspending after CU

Bitlocker automatically suspending after CU: Hi I have encountered unexpected behavior with Bitlocker since cumulative update (CU) KB4100403 in June. The machine is running Windows 10 Pro, 1803. The machine has no TPM, and Bitlocker is set up to use a password prior to logging in. I noticed that since mid-June,...
  9. Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart

Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart: I was trying to encrypt my USB external hard drive (1 TB, mounted to E*Smile using BitLocker, and after the encryption got 10.1% finished, I accidentally shut down the computer. After restarting, I tried to resume the encryption, but it gives me an error: "Encryption could...
  10. bitlocker after upgrade to 10

bitlocker after upgrade to 10: I want to move from Win 7 Ultimate up to Win 10, and my main concern is Bitlocker, since I need it to access my files. Can I still use Bitlocker after upgrade? 25916

Users found this page by searching for:

1. commands in Windows 10 are used to Suspend Bitlocker infinitely after Windows is restarted ? *

2. windows 10 bitlocker cannot restart after sleep