Windows 10: Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses

Discus and support Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm not even sure how to title this. I just did a fresh install of Window 10. I do not have a TPM so I setup Require additional authentication at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jjthomas, Aug 30, 2016.

1. jjthomas Win User

Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses

I'm not even sure how to title this.

I just did a fresh install of Window 10. I do not have a TPM so I setup Require additional authentication at startup. I set up my C: drive with my bitlocker password and rebooted.

When it comes to entering my bitlocker password, I get many characters per keystroke. Mostly on the capital and special characters. I've switched keyboards, tried different USB ports, etc.

If I go into my BIOS setting, everything works. Once I get my drive unlocked, everything works fine. The multiple characters only happen when I am unlocking drive during booting.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.1) and my keyboard is a Logitech K520. I did not have this problem with Windows 8.1, or Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

TIA

-JJ

:)

jjthomas, Aug 30, 2016

2. Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses

I just did a fresh install of Window 10. I do not have a TPM so I setup Require additional authentication at startup.
    I set up my C: drive with my bitlocker password and rebooted.

When it comes to entering my bitlocker password, I get many characters per keystroke. Specifically on any character that requires me to hold the shift key. I've switched keyboards, tried different USB ports, etc.

If I go into my BIOS setting, everything works. Once I get my drive unlocked, everything works fine. The multiple characters only happen when I am unlocking the bitlocker drive during booting.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte
    GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.1)
    and my keyboard is a Logitech K520. I've tried other keyboards as well, with the same results. I did not have this problem with Windows 8.1, or Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

Thank you.

-Julian

Julian J Thomas, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses

Hi, thank you responding.

My BIOS does not offer Fast Boot. My settings are conservative. No overclocking, etc.

My Windows is Windows 10 Pro, version 1607.

Here is my System Information, if that helps:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name ********

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model To be filled by O.E.M.

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F14, 08/22/12

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume7

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.14393.206"

User Name *********

Time Zone Pacific Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 32.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 27.5 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB

Available Virtual Memory 31.9 GB

Page File Space 4.75 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Please let me know if there is anything else I can dig out of the insides of my computer to help solve this.

-Julian

Julian J Thomas, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses

1. Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses - Similar Threads - Bitlocker unlock has

2. Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker: Hi,My laptop shows the Bitlocker page after it goes self-update. I tried to follow the instruction, however, my accounts says there is no bitlocker recovery key found. I asked my school IT desk, and they said they do not have any bitlocker found in my account as well. I have...
  3. Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker: Hi,My laptop shows the Bitlocker page after it goes self-update. I tried to follow the instruction, however, my accounts says there is no bitlocker recovery key found. I asked my school IT desk, and they said they do not have any bitlocker found in my account as well. I have...
  4. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  5. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  6. Bitlocker: failed to unlock with this recover key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker: failed to unlock with this recover key: bitlocker pops: failed to unlock with this recover key. A Notebook pops need Bitlocker recovery key when turn it on, input the key and said "failed to unlock with this recover key". we enabled Bitlocker and store the key in AD. Now the notebook cannot go to Windows. Go to...
  7. Bitlocker: failed to unlock with this recover key

Bitlocker: failed to unlock with this recover key: bitlocker pops: failed to unlock with this recover key. A Notebook pops need Bitlocker recovery key when turn it on, input the key and said "failed to unlock with this recover key". we enabled Bitlocker and store the key in AD. Now the notebook cannot go to Windows. Go to...
  8. Bitlocker: failed to unlock with this recover key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key": Wndows recently had an update. Upon restarting the computer, I am prompted with option to enter the recovery key. I was able to retrieve the key from my outlook account which is what I use to login to my account. I typed in that key but it gives me an error (title). I noticed...
  10. Unlock by pressing key on keyboard (not working anymore)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlock by pressing key on keyboard (not working anymore): I've got a weird one... anyone else had the ability to unlock (meaning swipe away the lock screen to get to the password screen) by pressing a key on the keyboard go away? In other words, I used to be able to walk up to my computer and press the space key and then enter my...
Tags: