Windows 10: Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk

Discus and support Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I've read alot online about all of the scenarios for bitlocker and using Windows 10 with TPM 2.0. I've read things that said bitlocker... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Prezidentj33, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk

Hello,

I've read alot online about all of the scenarios for bitlocker and using Windows 10 with TPM 2.0. I've read things that said bitlocker encryption is not possible if it's a Win 10 box with TPM 2.0 bios in Legacy mode. It must be UEFI/EFI to work. Is this correct? Also in addition to this, I also read that you want UEFI + GPT formatted disk. Will encryption with bitlocker still work if you have say ... Win 10 UEFI + MBR formatted disk???? Or do have to have both UEFI + GPT disk format for bitlocker drive encryption??

I am hoping to clear this up.

Thank you!

:)

Prezidentj33, Jul 12, 2018

2. AHCI-legacy or IDE-UEFI intel board DP45SG

If your have Hard drive larger than 2TB

then repartition in GPT and make EFI bootable disk or USB drive then install windows

GPT has slightly faster boot time,

also OEM secure boot can activate in EFI

----

My Asus had 3 TB HDD and 250GB SSD, its EFI gpt, boots in 3 sec

Good Luck

-.[Final]#[Boss].-, Jul 12, 2018
  3. GPT vs MBR for SSD OS Disk ? (win7 install)

So I cannot use all the new bios UI and fancy pre-boot evironiment if i don't use UEFI-boot ? With or without GPT?

I just want to use the UEFI without GPT: so can I UEFI-boot and install win7 with MBR?

Now I actually asked the correct question I wanted. Sorry it took time to figure out.

RuskiSnajper, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk

GPT vs MBR for SSD OS Disk ? (win7 install)

If I have UEFI BIOS, I'm going to use GPT. Only reason why I wouldn't is because the drive is shared between new and old computers (MBR has broader compatibility support). I wrote a guide how to install Windows on GPT here:
    Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

No. Either you install on GPT via EFI boot or you intall MBR via BIOS boot. You can't install Windows and change it later.

Not only does GPT support booting to partitions larger than 2 TB, it also means the computer is booted using EFI which means it has a lot more memory to work with during startup. It should theoretically mean startup is quicker on EFI/GPT than BIOS/MBR.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk

1. Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk - Similar Threads - Bitlocker EFI UEFI

2. what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?: Hi, i am Raghav i had a query in my mind that if i converted my mbr partition to gpt partition then what will happen to:1.OS Windows 102.My apps3.My files4.BIOS legacy...
  3. what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?: Hi, i am Raghav i had a query in my mind that if i converted my mbr partition to gpt partition then what will happen to:1.OS Windows 102.My apps3.My files4.BIOS legacy...
  4. what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  6. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Support
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  7. Windows 10 Clean Install - Legacy BIOS/MBR vs. UEFI/GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install - Legacy BIOS/MBR vs. UEFI/GPT: My computer is several years old, but the main boot drive was replaced less than 3 months ago. Earlier this week an attempt to apply the version 2004 update rendered the computer unbootable 0xc0000098. After much googling, trying many things, and a help forum thread, I ended...
  8. Transferring from BIOS/MBR system to UEFI/GPT

Transferring from BIOS/MBR system to UEFI/GPT: This may be clear as mud, but I'm going to give it a shot. The SSD on my Dell 3847 computer failed, so I connected it as a secondary drive to another, older Dell (660) and was able to copy a lot of files off of it. That older computer has an HDD; I used it while waiting for...
  9. drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI

drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI: I'm basically having a similar issue where I'm trying install a clean W10 onto my previous SSD and Win10 does see the drives and starts loading but stops whiting a few seconds stating that my drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI. Perform Diskpart...
  10. EFI, UEFI, Legacy BIOS.......

EFI, UEFI, Legacy BIOS.......: This weekend I will try to do a clean install of Win 10 again, from Win 7. Have to try som new methods to see if I can get my computer running flawlessly with Windows 10. I will use the clean install tutorials from this forum. I hav two options, with or without UEFI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker options de démarrage ne sont pas configurées uefi

2. Windows 1903 Legacy and UEFI

3. windows 10 efi and uefi-ready torrent

4. bitlocker break uefi,
  5. how to use uefi boot for bitlocker,
  6. bitlocker not working with EFI and C: partitions,
  7. bitlocker uefi bios,
  8. will bitlocker work with mbr,
  9. bitlocker on mbr ssd,
  10. using bitlocker with mbr disk,
  11. uefi vs legacy and bitlocker,