Windows 10: Bitlocker without TPM help

Discus and support Bitlocker without TPM help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbob64, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jimbob64 Win User

Bitlocker without TPM help

Hi all,

I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I upgraded it to Win 10. It all went smoothly except now when I'm trying to get Bitlocker to encrypt his drive.

It has an ssd but is partitioned already. As far as I can tell it doesn't have the TPM chip as it was a cheapy laptop but I have managed to enable it through GP but when I try to run it I get the message in the screenshot below and I can't seem to find much info on it. Some suggest it's to do with partitions and I also ran the BdeHdcfg command to no avail.

Any help to get this encrypted for him would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

:)

jimbob64, Jan 16, 2016

2. Bitlocker for windows 10

Hi. I am trying to use Bitlocker for extra security as I have and continue to have problems with a hacker. The Bitlocker is turned off and it says that it can not run because there is lacking a compatible TPM (trusted platform module) it further says that
    I need Administrative permission on the start up to allow Bitlocker to run without the TPM. I am not exactly sure what it means and how to set it up or how to receive a TPM. Can someone who knows how Bitlocker operates with or without the TPM explain what
    steps I need to take to turn this operation on in the windows 10 program? I would appreciate the helpful advice in trying to keep some sense of privacy left.

Rain inMy shoes, Jan 16, 2016
  3. RJO218 Win User
    Bitlocker without TPM available with Windows 10 upgrade?

All pc's at my small business are currently using Windows 8.1 Pro. We are using Bitlocker without TPM. Will Bitlocker w/o TPM be available with the Windows 10 upgrade?

RJO218, Jan 16, 2016
  4. jimbob64 Win User

I've managed to fix it myself but might be worth posting this somewhere for anyone else that gets the same problem.

I basically had too many partitions on the one drive which it didn't like but wasn't very informative when telling me so so I had to guess and made a shot in the dark to delete a partition and after that it actually worked.

Thanks anyway,

Jamie

jimbob64, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Bitlocker without TPM help - Similar Threads - Bitlocker without TPM

2. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  3. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  4. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  6. Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module

Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module: recently upgraded from Window 10 home (HP OEM ) to Pro on a desktop. tried turning on Bitlocker for the first time on C: and saved the recovery key on a seperate USB and on microsoft account. choose full disk encryption and rebooted the system for the first time. realized,...
  7. Bitlocker with TPM

Bitlocker with TPM: Hi , I,m not sure if this is the right place to post this . Anyway , My query is about encryption on win10 pro . Previously I had a laptop with no TPM so I had to us the group policy editor to allow encryption to work , fine ,all was working and I had to type a password...
  8. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM): I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but...
  9. Bitlocker, TPM, BIOS PASSWORD, help on interaction of these

Bitlocker, TPM, BIOS PASSWORD, help on interaction of these: Tech help requested Bitlocker, TPM, AMI Bios and TPM, SAmsung TabPro S (windows) computer tablet Tech requests to AMI bios and to samsung, for clarification of these items, has been USELESS. I have the tablet, with Bitlocker enabled. I do NOT have a PIN enabled for...
  10. Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes

Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes: I'm having a problem that the Bitlocker password screen which appears when I switch on has been replaced by a pattern of vertical orange/ brown stripes. [img] The main laptop I use day-to-day has been running Windows 8/8.1 Pro since not long after Win8 was released- I...
Tags: