Windows 10: BITS service manual or automatic?

Discus and support BITS service manual or automatic? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all I'm just wondering whether it matters if the BITS services is in manual or automatic (delayed start) since it has a habit of switch from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shadowblade, Mar 28, 2017.

1. BITS service manual or automatic?

Hey all
    I'm just wondering whether it matters if the BITS services is in manual or automatic (delayed start) since it has a habit of switch from the former to the latter. I'm not interested in disabling it as I still want my updates checked automatically (controversial I know).

:)

shadowblade, Mar 28, 2017
  2. Nick Dich Win User

BITS service keeps turning to Manual

Hi Martijn,

Your concern regarding Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Please
    post your question in the TechNet Windows 10 Networking forum. Kindly visit the link provided here:

Microsoft TechNet - Ask a question.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Mar 28, 2017
  3. BITS service keeps turning to Manual

So, in the past 2 months my pc turned from a pretty good gaming pc into a complete wreck. I couldn't find out for the longest time but eventually I found out that it was BITS turning to manual that was doing all kinds of weird stuff. Now turning BITS on
    isn't that hard, and when I restart my PC is completely fine, but the NEXT time I restart it's on manual again and doing weird stuff again.

Anyone know how to fix BITS turning to manual every time?

Martijn ten Veldhuis, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

BITS service manual or automatic?

Hello shadowblade, *Smile

This below is the default setting for the BITS service, so it's fine to leave it on "Automatic".

BITS service manual or automatic? [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 28, 2017
  5. thanks I noticed today it has switched to manual even though i set it automatic (delayed start). I contacted Microsoft via the the contact support app and they said it didn't matter as it was normal behaviour of the system.

6. so if the system automatically sets BITS back to manual I should not have any problems at all?

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You shouldn't as long as the service is not disabled.

Brink, Mar 28, 2017
  8. BITS service manual or automatic?

Thank you disabling the service is the LAST thing i want to do

shadowblade, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

BITS service manual or automatic?

1. BITS service manual or automatic? - Similar Threads - BITS service manual

2. Windows BITS service Manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BITS service Manual: any idea why my system has somehow been set to manual for the BITS? I had a support ticket just recently and this was fixed along with some other security issues r/t corrupt driver. I was going to just change it but wanted to ask if anyone has any insite on the best thing to...
  3. Windows BITS service Manual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BITS service Manual: any idea why my system has somehow been set to manual for the BITS? I had a support ticket just recently and this was fixed along with some other security issues r/t corrupt driver. I was going to just change it but wanted to ask if anyone has any insite on the best thing to...
  4. Services keeps become manual/automatic

Services keeps become manual/automatic: Hi. Those services BITS, Update Orchestrator Service, WIndows Update and Windows Update Medic Service keeps re-enable themselves after like 1 week when i disable them...
  5. Services keeps become manual/automatic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Services keeps become manual/automatic: Hi. Those services BITS, Update Orchestrator Service, WIndows Update and Windows Update Medic Service keeps re-enable themselves after like 1 week when i disable them...
  6. Services keeps become manual/automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BITS service is stopping and going to manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITS service is stopping and going to manual: Is it normal that BITS service is going back to manual and stopping after the PC is starting? After like 15 minutes that the PC is on, at first it is fine as it is on Automatic Delayed Start, but after a while it going to manual and stops!I noticed that this causes problems...
  8. BITS service is stopping and going to manual

BITS service is stopping and going to manual: Is it normal that BITS service is going back to manual and stopping after the PC is starting? After like 15 minutes that the PC is on, at first it is fine as it is on Automatic Delayed Start, but after a while it going to manual and stops!I noticed that this causes problems...
  9. BITS reverting from Automatically Delayed Start to Manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITS reverting from Automatically Delayed Start to Manual: Title. This happens regularly, and causes Microsoft Outlook 365 to freeze and crash. I find myself having to revert the settings nearly every day. Please advise.Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 21H1Installed on ‎1/‎3/‎2022OS build 19043.2006Experience Windows Feature Experience...
  10. BITS reverting from Automatically Delayed Start to Manual

in Windows 10 Customization
    BITS reverting from Automatically Delayed Start to Manual: Title. This happens regularly, and causes Microsoft Outlook 365 to freeze and crash. I find myself having to revert the settings nearly every day. Please advise.Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 21H1Installed on ‎1/‎3/‎2022OS build 19043.2006Experience Windows Feature Experience...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BITS in services.msc difference between manual and automatic