Windows 10: Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Discus and support Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; During the day a cmd window will pop up and immediately disappear without warning, kicking me out of fullscreen applications and being a general... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dadinacactus, May 5, 2016.

1. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

During the day a cmd window will pop up and immediately disappear without warning, kicking me out of fullscreen applications and being a general annoyance. I suspect something more sinister but Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware have failed to find the source of the problem and the popups continue to occur.

Being rather annoyed I managed to capture the event in a recording and discovered it was BITSadmin attempting to do something.

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. [​IMG]

I have no experience dealing with BITSadmin but I do know its function so I assume something is trying to phone home, but as previously stated all AV software has not found the cause. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

dadinacactus, May 5, 2016

2. maybe virus issues,also microsoft edge dissappeared,and unable to reset my pc.Help.

oh my god stressing here.i am hoping some kind being can guide me through as of the last few days I was having issues with two lap tops one I think has a virus as a pop up keeps showing BITSADMIN version 3.0 bitsadmin is depreciated etc and shows up every
    hour,now am having issues with other lap top Microsoft edge has disappeared and i am unable to reset it or restore etc can anyone please help with all my problems???

sornebathory-bvwyt, May 5, 2016
  3. Gavin55 Win User
    Settings

I cannot run "Settings". The box pops up then disappears immediately. Can't even adjust my wallpaper... Any help?

Gavin55, May 5, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Superfly, May 5, 2016
  5. dadinacactus, May 5, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    Remove-BitsTransfer

NB: if system owned, one cannot do it via PS, in that case you will have to delete certain folders and let Windows rebuild those.

EDIT: See the example here
    Remove-BitsTransfer

Superfly, May 5, 2016
  7. Doing so removed two tasks out of five; two user owned tasks still remain and I will update if the problem continues to occur.

8. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

The popup occured again practically after I finished my last post so I went ahead and deleted the other two user made tasks, only a system task dealing with Skype is now present. Once again I will update if the popup occurs again.

9. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, May 5, 2016
  10. After 2 days and seeing no popups i'm confident the problem has been fixed. Thank you.

dadinacactus, May 7, 2016
  11. Superfly Win User
    Excellent!...You are very welcome. *Smile

Superfly, May 7, 2016
  12. Hi. I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately, the troubleshooting link does not work. Could you help me to solve it?

tkrisz0403, May 19, 2016
  13. Superfly Win User

Buddy, that is not troubleshooting ...you need to provide your own info...

What we are doing is clearing the BITS queue - that's all.

The 'to and fro' is because some downloads have have Trusted Installer permissions which is higher than Admin and need off-line manipulation. Start your own thread and we can handle that specifically.

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. - Similar Threads - Bitsadmin pops randomly

2. Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly: So I've been dealing with this for awhile now and it's really getting on my nerves. Every so often, a command prompt will appear and disappear, way too fast for me to take a screenshot. I've looked everywhere for a solution and the most suggested solution I've seen was...
  3. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediatly disappears (take 2?)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediatly disappears (take 2?): I hate to start naming people off here like an assembly line, but I find myself in the same situation as @tkrisz0403 in that my Command Prompt, accompanied by the exact same text as the former case, as seen in the first screen shot I provide which I managed to capture using...
  4. Bitsadmin pops up for just a second and vanishes.

Bitsadmin pops up for just a second and vanishes.: I manged to get a screenshot of it. Screenshot I have gone through and read one thread that looks as if I am having the exact problem as them, but I did not want to go off of someone else's problems even though they are very similar to mine. I have noticed that Superfly...
  5. cmd prompt pops up at first as bitsadmin then "windowsupdateservices"

cmd prompt pops up at first as bitsadmin then "windowsupdateservices": i dont know if this is a virus or not but sometimes a cmd prompt pops up as bitsadmin at the first like 1-3 secs then it becomes Windowsupdateservices and downloads some thing to my pc, i already hitmanpro my computer and all the things it downloaded was a threat, but even...
  6. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.: Bitsadmin window pops up in every hour/50 minutes and immediately disappear which is very annoying. I've run KasperskyTotal Security and Malwarebytes but they have not found the problem. I made a screenshot from the problem. Any help would be appreciated. [img] 51063
  7. cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin

cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin: Hi I recently got a new laptop and I think I might have downloaded a virus or spyware while downloading something else. The command prompt window randomly pops up and disappears within a split second. It doesn't seem to do anything when I'm in the desktop mode, but when I...
  8. Pop UP disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pop UP disappears: How to make the Pop UP appear in Windows 10? [img] 17994
  9. I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything: So I have Bitsadmin pop ups as I've seen mentioned in a few threads here. Everything seems to come back to trying Hydranix's Bitsadmin buster first but I can't even get the first step to work. I download it and it asks me if I want to let it make changes to the computer. I...
  10. BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question

in Windows 10 Support
    BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question: Hello! I kind of just made an account after finding help about my bitsadmin popping up out of nowhere and ran into another problem, but alas that was an old conversation. I'd like help with that, but im guessing i need to start a new thread? (though i'm not sure how to lol)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitsadmin pops up randomly