Windows 10: Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed

Discus and support Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Specs 3770k 16 GB ram gtx 960 16226 i have been running build with no issues i was using it tonight. Just rebooted it and get black login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed

Specs 3770k
    16 GB ram
    gtx 960

i have been running build with no issues
    i was using it tonight. Just rebooted it and get black login screen after the Bootup
    Nothing changed on my configuration

I tried the control P to get cursor and type in password. Cursor comes up. Type it in. Doesn’t work
    Tried IGP just in case card issue.Get same thing there

any idea what I can do to fix this ?

:)

pittguy578, Jul 7, 2017

2. Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

After updating from 2018-01 Windows 10 version 1709 (KB4056892). When Computer rebooted after install was complete my computer booted back to the bios boot screen and went straight to a Solid Black Screen. And I noticed that the power button
    below my monitor went from Green to yellow and there was a solid black screen with no cursor and I was unable to log in.

I have left my Computer running for an hour after it went to the black screen. Upon checking it after an hour nothing has changed. So I manually rebooted my Computer and it restored back to original install.

My Computer is currently working normally but is prompting me to run the update again which I did do the second time and it did the same thing after the update installed and the computer rebooted back to a black screen again.

So I manually rebooted my Computer a second time and it restored back to original install. So at this time I have done everything from disconnecting the video cable from the monitor and carefully re connecting it back and it went to a normal screen
    at first and the went back to a black screen.

KevinThomas1, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Black screen with cursor when starting windows after updating windows 10. Unable to do anything.

I am facing this problem after updating to Windows 10. When I reboot the laptop I see only black screen with cursor nothing else.

SohamPanchal, Jul 7, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed

Can you login? If so, then update your video driver Drivers | GeForce
    Try logging in to Safe Mode
    If that fails, do a System Restore to a time before this happened.
    If that doesn't work, then create a new user profile in Control Panel/User Accounts.

spunk, Jul 7, 2017
Thema:

Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed

1. Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed - Similar Threads - Bizarre Black Screen

2. Black screen and nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and nothing works: Hello, I'm experiencing black screen with cursor and all the hacks Ive used don't work e.g Win+shift+ctrl+b, ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+ESC. Even shift and restart to safe mode doesn't work. It's just stuck on black. I've watched almost all YouTube videos but nothing works...
  3. Black Screen and Nothing opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and Nothing opens: So I am writing this on my phone. I was in the middle of a video game and this guy told me to press windows shift control and b to reset it. I did but now when I turn my pc on I can’t see the login screen and when I try to login normally it takes to my homepage but nothing...
  4. Black Screen and Nothing opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and Nothing opens: So I am writing this on my phone. I was in the middle of a video game and this guy told me to press windows shift control and b to reset it. I did but now when I turn my pc on I can’t see the login screen and when I try to login normally it takes to my homepage but nothing...
  5. Screen go black after reboot

Screen go black after reboot: I have a reoccurring problem of which I cannot figure out the cause. When I reboot my PC and click on a browser Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or open an app, they open and then freezes a few seconds--then goes black for about 10 to 13 seconds. After that I can click on...
  6. Black screen shows nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen shows nothing: Hi guys . Yesterday my laptop Model : NX.A23SV.004 requested to update the operating system. But while updating, my laptop shows the message "The upgrade process has been suspended because your battery charge is too low. Please plug in a power source; the process will...
  7. Black Screen after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after Reboot: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers updated and personal softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only and have never experienced before. I've researched...
  8. Nothing is saved after reboot

Nothing is saved after reboot: Hello, Since a few days ago I have been experiencing a few bizarre symptoms on my Windows 10 PC. It started with a BSOD with stop code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT when I play video games. The BSOD occurs typically within 10-30min of me starting the game, and varies each time. The...
  9. Black screen on reboot

Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...
  10. Reboots after logo then black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboots after logo then black screen: My basic specs: CPU - 5960X MOBO: ASUS Rampage V Extreme GPU: GTX 980 I turn my computer on, see the BIOS just fine, it shows the Windows 10 logo, then a black screen. If I move my mouse around, I see the cursor. After nearly 30 seconds (i'm guessing), my computer...