Windows 10: Bizarre video problem persists after formats

Discus and support Bizarre video problem persists after formats in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At some point, for no apparent reason, my computer developed this problem that would happen on some boot sessions (by which I mean when you turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alfred001, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Bizarre video problem persists after formats

At some point, for no apparent reason, my computer developed this problem that would happen on some boot sessions (by which I mean when you turn on your computer and until you restart it again) and not others. The problem was that when I played video files with VLC it would play audio and no video.

If I played the files with GOM it would play video, no audio and tell me I needed a coded. The codec it wanted was ffdshow. Installing ffdshow did nothing.

As I say, sometimes this problem wasn't present, but it might show up the next time I turned the computer on.

I got fed up with this so I figured I'd reinstall Windows. I reinstalled from windows (rather than booting from a bootable drive) and told it I didn't want to keep my files. This didn't quite do a format, it pretty much left everything on the win partition as is, except windows.

After this the same problem persisted, but there was an ADDED problem. On those occasions when video would not play normally, I ADDITIONALLY had a problem with online videos in FFox. Sound would play, no image (it would show the youtube player controls, but no video).

Chrome seemed to play videos if I had 1-2 videos open, if I opened 3 videos simultaneously the third would not show video, only audio.

Another additional malfunction was that, seemingly at random, my screen would get a slight yellow tint to it. Not always, it happened randomly.

So I figure, ok, let me do a full proper format of Windows partition and reinstall.

I did that, same exact problems.

Device Manager shows no problems with the graphics card. I'm running Win 10 1803.

:)

Alfred001, Aug 21, 2018

2. Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"Video format is not supported" at msn.com

Hello Dennis,

The error message Video format is not supported means that your browser is not compatible with the file format of the video. For us to assist you, we recommend that you use Microsoft Edge instead. Microsoft Edge is the newest browser that comes with
    Windows 10 and it's set as your default browser. To locate Microsoft Edge, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Windows key + S.
    • Type Microsoft Edge, and then hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Bizarre video problem persists after formats - Similar Threads - Bizarre video problem

2. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  3. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  4. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bizarre driver problem: I'm sort of at the end of my rope trying to figure this one out so I'd appreciate any insight.Not too long ago my laptop's touchpad began clicking when tapped despite my having disabled that a long time ago. It was also active while my mouse was plugged in which was another...
  5. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre driver problem: I'm sort of at the end of my rope trying to figure this one out so I'd appreciate any insight.Not too long ago my laptop's touchpad began clicking when tapped despite my having disabled that a long time ago. It was also active while my mouse was plugged in which was another...
  6. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre windows 10 wallpaper glitch (Persists after clean install): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Theanonman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm17ai/bizarre_windows_10_wallpaper_glitch_persists/
  8. Problem with exprting video in MP4 format

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with exprting video in MP4 format: I had purchased the app day before yesterday and had been trying to export a video created in MP4 format since than however, been unsuccessful so far. Noticed that the file creation does start in the folder but the file disappears after the process completes. I have 100s of...
  9. A bizarre problem

in Windows 10 Support
    A bizarre problem: I've had this problem for a while now. The buttons on my taskbar don't work. launching programs works fine, but opening the start menu, volume controller, wifi controller, search do nothing. no errors, no complaints, no freezing. Just. Nothing. Ive been making do with the run...
  10. Having problems with different video formats

in Windows 10 Support
    Having problems with different video formats: I'm new to using a program called PowerDirector 12, but I think I have the basics down about how to save a video after shortening it to what I want it to be. The final problem is the different formats. When I shorten a video, it's partly to shrink the file size. But when I...