Windows 10: Black Bar top

Discus and support Black Bar top in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens: [img] A black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ppomplun, Apr 13, 2016.

1. ppomplun Win User

Black Bar top

I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens:

Black Bar top [​IMG]

A black bar is across the top and blocks any view, any ideas?

:)

ppomplun, Apr 13, 2016

2. "Zooming" Video to match the whole screen.

Hello Diego,

There is no zoom option in Zune player on the Windows Phone 7 device, but the device does not show black bars on all sides on the screens normally. I am just guessing that your video file might be encoded including black strips.

The position of the black bars on correctly encoded file will depend on aspect ratio of the original movie 16:9 (black bars on top and bottom) 4:3 (black bars on sides).

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Another problem in Win 10 with top address bar area

This is the whole top toolbar with title bar, address bar and bookmarks. It's a black color and hard to see tabs, how can I change the color?

NancyStephanie W., Apr 13, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Black Bar top

2560x1600 is 16:10 and 1920x1080 is 16:9.
    So when you set the non-recommended resolution, it is cutting that one unit of display height.

It is not an issue, apparently.

5. ppomplun Win User
    Thank you so much for that clarification, this is on a virtual monitor, so i need to plug in a native 1080p monitor so it changes back to 16:9 ?

ppomplun, Apr 13, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Well, actually I have never used Virtual Monitors, but If you go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution, there should be an appropriate resolution for your virtual monitor.

Thema:

Black Bar top

1. Black Bar top - Similar Threads - Black Bar top

2. black bar on top screen hides other programs menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black bar on top screen hides other programs menus: I gave the short version above but when using any program, there is a one inch black bar on the top of the screen. this is where the task bar pops in and out but when it's gone, it interferes with being able to use menus and the X and minimize buttons on other programs. I...
  3. black bar on top screen hides other programs menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black bar on top screen hides other programs menus: I gave the short version above but when using any program, there is a one inch black bar on the top of the screen. this is where the task bar pops in and out but when it's gone, it interferes with being able to use menus and the X and minimize buttons on other programs. I...
  4. Black bar on top of screen when starting games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black bar on top of screen when starting games: Every time i start a game no matter what game is, it shows this huge black bar on top of the screen. I have all the drivers up to date and today is the first time i've seen this happen. It goes away after some time 10-15 secThe game is on my native resolution of 1366x768 and...
  5. I have black bars in the top and bottom of my display

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have black bars in the top and bottom of my display: See this . When I tried to change my display resolution a black bar appeared . Can anyone please help me to fix this ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-black-bars-in-the-top-and-bottom-of-my/74d2ecb9-0b82-45c2-8691-0ae8a4fd25f6
  6. Black bar at top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at top of screen: In the first image I have rotated the screen by 180 degrees where as in the second image it's the default way I guess so that it is a physical hardware issue rather than a software issue please someone help me it's about 3 millimetre at the top it's complete black and when I...
  7. a black bar on top of my screen

a black bar on top of my screen: hey there, [ATTACH]any ideas on how to hide this black bar?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-black-bar-on-top-of-my-screen/2e9cfcce-6a8a-47b3-9130-77c484f5d8da
  8. Black bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar at the top of screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg0ef6/black_bar_at_the_top_of_screen/
  9. Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10: Hi, I am having the following issue appear randomly with random applications when I maximize the window. First it happened with CLion, where I thought it was a bug in the program itself. But it would only go away after I restarted my PC. And now it happened in Chrome, same...
  10. bar with menus at top

bar with menus at top: How do I get a bar with menus at top of window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bar-with-menus-at-top/fdbf7fe9-738e-4ddc-9bcd-e7917bcb8807