Windows 10: Black Bars on side of Monitor

Discus and support Black Bars on side of Monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I can't go a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3450 CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by matee, Nov 23, 2017.

1. matee Win User

Black Bars on side of Monitor

Hello everyone, I can't go a resolution higher than 1024 x 768
    my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3450
    CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    please help, thanks!

:)

matee, Nov 23, 2017

2. Display Settings

My resolution is set as the resoulution of my Monitor but it has black bars on the side, when it happened it had the sound of a usb disconnecting from the computer, please help.

EliHaymond, Nov 23, 2017
  3. How do I fix black bars on the side of my screen windows 10?

I got my free upgrade to windows 10 and part of my screen is cut off on both sides no matter what I do.My cards are fully updated I dont know if its my moniter or windows 10 please help.

SpencerDePriester, Nov 23, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Nov 23, 2017
  5. First make sure you are on latest version of windows , v 1703+ started natively supporting stretching display so you will not get those nasty bars any more , as for resolution detection , it is a combo of Monitor and Display adapter , if both devices' drivers are properly installed and updated they should interconnect just fine , I assume you know how to update your display drivers , as for Monitor , just delete it and hope for it to identify as a Generic PnP Monitor , that should solve your problem .

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black Bars on side of Monitor - Similar Threads - Black Bars side

2. Change colour of black side bars on ultrawide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change colour of black side bars on ultrawide: I work with film edits, and handle a lot of cinemascope footage. I would like to change window's sidebar resolution aspect ratio black colour to neutral grey or white, when viewing wide screen content on ultrawide 21:9, I absolutely don't mid the crop, but, the black -...
  3. Change colour of black side bars on ultrawide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change colour of black side bars on ultrawide: I work with film edits, and handle a lot of cinemascope footage. I would like to change window's sidebar resolution aspect ratio black colour to neutral grey or white, when viewing wide screen content on ultrawide 21:9, I absolutely don't mid the crop, but, the black -...
  4. Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side: When I set my two monitors into portrait mode and place them "side-by-side" which actually is "top-to-bottom", the desktop background picture looks fine, distributed across both monitors. But when I fire up something like Youtube, my browser only shows on one monitor, and...
  5. Black bar on the right side of the screen

Black bar on the right side of the screen: I just loaded up my new PC yesterday and I have a 1600 x 900 monitor and I have the setting on 1600 x 900 to fit it yet it's still going off to the side. I've done everything I can think off and it still hasn't worked at all....
  6. Side Bar Search

in Cortana
    Side Bar Search: There is Side Bar Edge in Edge which is terrific to have & use. I sometimes wonder if everyone is aware that the same function exists within MS365 Outlook. Can highlight text or whatever in an E-mail & have a search result panel materialize on the right side within your...
  7. Extending Mouse Cursor Into Monitor Black Bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Mouse Cursor Into Monitor Black Bars: Hi, I purposely made my screen resolution 2560 x 1080 so when I play a game, I can see more than if I played with 2560 x 1440. I saw it on another person's monitor, and they were able to put their mouse cursor into the black bars generated at the top and bottom of their...
  8. Bars on side of window

Bars on side of window: Okay, so after linking my computer to my Microsoft account I started to get these weird bars on the side and bottom of a window on Windows 10. So if someone could help me know how to fix it I would appreciate it [ATTACH]...
  9. Videos have black bars in windows 10 on Flash and Netflix On side of.

in Browsers and Email
    Videos have black bars in windows 10 on Flash and Netflix On side of.: As the title I just can't seem to get rid of them and they move from side to side ever so slightly. I don't have the problem on Windows 7 on the same machine as it's a dual boot. I've a AMD R7 video card if that is any help. [img] 46139
  10. Black bar in monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar in monitor: Hi there. I have a strange issue. I installed W10 recently and everything works fine now. However, I found something pretty strange in my screen monitor. The problem is last horizontal lines are in pure black — just as if there wasn't anything. For example, when you...