Windows 10: Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.

Discus and support Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started having a problem with my HP Pavilion laptop model number 15-au076sa. Sometimes the whole screen goes black, this was the only issue i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShaunCox, Jul 15, 2018.

1. ShaunCox Win User

Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.

I started having a problem with my HP Pavilion laptop model number 15-au076sa. Sometimes the whole screen goes black, this was the only issue i noticed for a while until other little black boxes started appearing like if i scrolled over the name of a youtube video instead of giving me the full title it would just be a black box where the text used to be. I would like to know what is causing this and how to fix it? Sometimes the screen is also not loading fully I guess as it seems like the last website i was on is still partly there until i scroll over it.

:)

ShaunCox, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Black Dots appears on screen

The thread which u provided is when windows hang but in my case it doesn't hang it works fine but as u see in first picture icons,taskbar are displayed

Kushal Bansal, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.

1. Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear. - Similar Threads - Black Blank information

2. Black box appearing on screen over apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box appearing on screen over apps: This has happened a few times in the past but has since stopped but restarted again. It happens totally at random and if I'm playing a game it completely closes out the game without warning. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to restart my whole computer which is...
  3. Black box appearing on screen over apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black box appearing on screen over apps: This has happened a few times in the past but has since stopped but restarted again. It happens totally at random and if I'm playing a game it completely closes out the game without warning. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to restart my whole computer which is...
  4. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  5. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  6. Black box appearing on screen randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box appearing on screen randomly.: There is a black box randomly appearing on my screen out nowhere and when it shows up almost everything stops working for a few minutes, it stays there and my only way of making it disappear is restarting my computer, but it still shows up. I took a screen shot of it and when...
  7. Black box appearing on screen randomly.

Black box appearing on screen randomly.: There is a black box randomly appearing on my screen out nowhere and when it shows up almost everything stops working for a few minutes, it stays there and my only way of making it disappear is restarting my computer, but it still shows up. I took a screen shot of it and when...
  8. black box appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  9. black box appears

black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  10. Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen: I bought this laptop and set it up yesterday. Several times now, black boxes filled with colored dots have appeared at random on the screen in different places. They disappear if I highlight text only in the area that was covering text or if I scroll up or down. Attached is a...