Windows 10: Black/blank screen after login *only* on 2nd [new] user account

Discus and support Black/blank screen after login *only* on 2nd [new] user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; To start off with, first of all I've got 3 computers: my Windows 10 laptop [which is relatively new], a W10 upgraded desktop, and an aging, slow... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gaz1701, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Gaz1701 Win User

Black/blank screen after login *only* on 2nd [new] user account

To start off with, first of all I've got 3 computers: my Windows 10 laptop [which is relatively new], a W10 upgraded desktop, and an aging, slow Windows 7 laptop - which my parents are using.

To help my parents out I recently tried to create a new user account on my Windows 10 laptop. It 'takes longer than expected' to do it, but it's done and everything seems fine. All I do is install Firefox on it, and that's about it.

But when I turn it on again a login to my parents user accout, the screen's blank, and I can ctr+alt+del to get the Task Manager up, but that's it. Creating an explorer.exe doesn't work, and restarting the current explorer.exe does nothing.

I've tried Googling around for answers, but a lot of them doesn't seem to apply to my situation exactly.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Gaz1701, Sep 13, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

User account

It shows on the login screen, you can change to it - but pushing the right arrow or enter in the blank password box doesn't take you to windows ?

Add a simple password to it, make it an admin account, see if it works.. after a Restart.

You can change the password back to blank later and remove the admin permissions.

'Mike P, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Only one login appears on startup after upgrade to Win10

I don't really need to create a new account as the 2nd account already exists.

When the laptop boots up it goes straight into windows as the user that performed the upgrade. I can then log out of that users account and it will show me the login screen with both users available.

How can I set it so that on initial startup it shows the login screen with both users available?

matt_h2(2), Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

Black/blank screen after login *only* on 2nd [new] user account

1. Black/blank screen after login *only* on 2nd [new] user account - Similar Threads - Black blank screen

2. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  3. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  4. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on 2nd black screen login loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on 2nd black screen login loop: After the login loop with the windows logo, there will be a second black screen loop with the loop being slightly lower than before. I am stuck there, and I have tried to do automatic repair via shutting it down thrice, but it won’t appear. What do I do?...
  6. Stuck on 2nd black screen login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on 2nd black screen login loop: After the login loop with the windows logo, there will be a second black screen loop with the loop being slightly lower than before. I am stuck there, and I have tried to do automatic repair via shutting it down thrice, but it won’t appear. What do I do?...
  7. Stuck on 2nd black screen login loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black screen for a new user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen for a new user account: Hi everyone, I'm an "administrator" for our laboratory computers. I decided to create a new account on one of the computers, called pc01. When I log in to this account, I get only a black screen with cursor working. I am able to bring up cmd, PowerShell etc, but I can see...
  9. Previous User account not showing up in login screen after making a new user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Previous User account not showing up in login screen after making a new user: Recently , I wanted to change the Win10 login screen name but I couldn't find out how to do it. So I made a new user profile with admin privilege with my Microsoft account. I don't know if its local or not but I made it by logging in to Microsoft when asked. After making the...
  10. Black screen after signing into user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after signing into user account: After updating my windows today, I can no longer see my desktop. After I sign into my user account the screen is completely black, except for the cursor. I can open task manager just fine. I tried creating a new admin user, but the issue is the same. What’s going on and...