Windows 10: Black borders on all sides

Discus and support Black borders on all sides in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Have a 21.5 " Acer monitor with an old AMD Radeon 3450 HD There are black borders on the display. Icons oval,also pic distorted On display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ddinc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. ddinc Win User

Black borders on all sides

Have a 21.5 " Acer monitor with an old AMD Radeon 3450 HD

There are black borders on the display.
    Icons oval,also pic distorted
    On display settings the max. res. seen is 1280 although the monitor is full HD

:)

ddinc, Oct 20, 2016
  2. BrianHY Win User

How to get rid of black borders on screen (Windows 10)

I use Windows 10. Just recently it shows black borders on all 4 sides. I am not using any new software. How do I get rid of the borders?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

BrianHY, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Full screen in windows 10?

How do I get full screen in Windows 10 currently my screen only 75% with "black borders on either side"? Tks for any help!

marierayVA, Oct 20, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Need proper drivers first.

CountMike, Oct 21, 2016
  5. ddinc Win User
    sure but there is no driver for win 10 anniversary update ,uses the microsoft universal driver.so there is no inf file and the card is listed as pnp device.

ddinc, Oct 21, 2016
  6. I think Windows 10 actually supports ATi Radeon HD 3450.

Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Rad... | Community

but there's a note:

RoasterMen, Oct 21, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I'll describe a situation: every different computer I connect to my HP 19" WXGA monitor on my workbench prompts it to go through its built-in Auto Adjust to fit the graphics adapter settings. There is a short period before that finishes where there is a black border on all sides of the display, when finished the screen is filled out as it should be.

Berton, Oct 21, 2016
  8. ddinc Win User

Today I have replaced the card with a 5 series Radeon.Now everything normal again.

ddinc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black borders on all sides - Similar Threads - Black borders sides

2. Black border on all windows and fields

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border on all windows and fields: I'm getting black border on all the windows and fields. How to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-on-all-windows-and-fields/7693ac77-3162-4ce0-a874-4f386ca950be
  3. Black border on all windows and fields

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border on all windows and fields: I'm getting black border on all the windows and fields. How to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-on-all-windows-and-fields/7693ac77-3162-4ce0-a874-4f386ca950be
  4. Black borders look weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black borders look weird: Hi, so I recently started to notice something weird with my black borders. Sometimes when I watch something like youtube or netflix my borders start to turn purple or like weird cubes. I added a picture to maybe clear up the issue. Any ideas please let me know.Thanks,Dim van...
  5. Black Border

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Border: I have a black border around my screen after doing a windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border/600e48a6-1d31-460e-bd06-ac6c1e615e5f
  6. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN: Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave. I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also...
  7. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  8. At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller: My computer's display just shrunk! At right and left sides are black borders and screen has got smaller! How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-displays-right-and-left-sides-are-black-borders/89ba62e0-42f7-424e-a1e2-08229f5a98ca
  9. Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues: Hello everyone I have a surface pro 4 and I have the black side border issue. I have tried what I could including settings, deleting and reinstalling hardware and updating it and windows update. Other tips I found on sites suggest tweaking the registry. However, it seems to...
  10. Black Border

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Border: I have a vertical black border on both sides of the display only while gaming and no fix has worked. Help plz...also msfs runs screwy too. Every time I click on something, I have to minimize and then click on "X" then allows the change. Scaling options changed nothing. 71425