Windows 10: Black desktop with mouse pointer.

Discus and support Black desktop with mouse pointer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 Pro Insider preview for about 7 months now with no issues. Two days ago I tried installing Power Archiver (downloaded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Don W, May 18, 2016.

1. Don W Win User

Black desktop with mouse pointer.

I am using windows 10 Pro Insider preview for about 7 months now with no issues.
    Two days ago I tried installing Power Archiver (downloaded from official site) and before program was even done installing I had a black screen.
    On reboot I still had the black screen but with mouse pointer.
    I know I was booted as ASC (free version) ram monitor was working and I could get to ASC interface through that.
    Tried to call up Task Manager but was not able to see it if it was, in fact, there.
    Did a restore back to before "P A" and all is working fine.
    Had a WinZip install on desktop to complete (kept getting false positives from that) so I tried it.
    Black screen again and never completed install (stuck at like 98%).
    Restore rollback again. All is fine.
    Hesitant to install anything now with out being able to see what's there when done. LOL

Any Ideas ??

:)

Don W, May 18, 2016
  2. cb_Largo Win User

Windows 10 upgrade was working, but after refresh has just black screen with pointer. can't log in

after Windows 10 refresh and update, rebooted to black screen with mouse pointer. No login screen. No desktop

cb_Largo, May 18, 2016
  3. 7 to 10 black screen

I updated a dell windows 7 laptop. As soon as it starts, I can see the desktop for about 3 secondsand then it goes to screen remains black with movable mouse pointer. I have updated drivers, and nothing
    works. I let it run all night too. All I have for the W10 update is screen remains black with movable mouse pointer.

MS-Dell Issues, May 18, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

I don't know what Power Archiver is. My guess is that it's not compatible with either Windows 10 or your hardware.

Winuser, May 18, 2016
  5. Don W Win User
    It is both 32 and 64 bit - good to go so... Same with the WinZip mentioned.

Don W, May 19, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Power Archiver was/is a very good archive handling program, used it many years instead of than limited WinZip. WinRar etc. Not using it any more as I lost the license and Windows got better at handling that stuff. Total Commander also handles archives to a degree that's good enough for me.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black desktop with mouse pointer. - Similar Threads - Black desktop mouse

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is ok with all apps except one "poker stars". When I click on a poker stars table, the mouse pointer becomes extremely tiny.I tried everything in windows 10 home edition adjusted mouse size and color, size stays same except for poker stars.I contacted...
  4. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  5. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  6. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  7. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d
  8. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen with the mouse pointer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Screen with the mouse pointer.: Hi, Most of time when I press the power button, after few seconds, black screen appears with the mouse pointer. Hard Disk indicator flashes continuously, no changes and no error message on the screen. Even no change, if I press Alt+Ctrl+Del. It remains same till the time...
  10. Black screen with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with mouse pointer: I wanted to give some feedback for the 10061 build and when I did, Windows kindly offered to create a Microsoft Account for me as I didn't have one on my Dell 15R laptop. That worked fine and i was able to submit the feedback, but when I Signed out of the MS account so I...