Windows 10: Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

Discus and support Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, few weeks ago this all started happening so right now restoring point or figuring out what caused it gonna be problematic.Right now I realized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ktos Fajny, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

Hey, few weeks ago this all started happening so right now restoring point or figuring out what caused it gonna be problematic.Right now I realized that when I'm taking screenshot everything looks normal, so every attached photo is made using phone. also this I couldn't upload picture normally since it was not displaying at all, so I used imgur.This is file explorer:https://imgur.com/koZSIoeAs you can see only selected files are readable, because font is so black, same for sidebar on the left, all text is in black not readable font.CMD for another example and there's much more applications

:)

Ktos Fajny, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Norm_Shea Win User

Bug in Outlook Calendar font colors

In Windows 10 Enterprise editions and Outlook Office 365 ProPlus, there is a bug with the calendar font colors in the sidebar. In the Windows 10 Settings>Personalization>Colors, if you select "Choose your default app mode">Dark, and open Outlook, the My
    Calendars font colors are white, making them nearly unreadable when you "check" the My Calendars box and the calendars become highlighted with their color. If you uncheck and recheck the individual calendars, the font color changes to a more readable grey/black.

Just wanted to pass this along as this seemed like the only place to report a bug.

Norm_Shea, Feb 28, 2024
  3. biren11 Win User
    E71 contacts font color

recently i upgraded E71 to new firmware. now i am noticing that i cannot use any dark themes as all contact fonts stays in black color only.everyting( fonts color ) is in white color,i tried lot diffrent dark base themes, samething i cannot read the whole
    list of contacts, the only contact i can read is the one highlighted.any solutions or suggestions.

biren11, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

Fonts color

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answer to the question below:

Are you trying to change the color of the system fonts? Or are you trying to change the color in a particular application?

I understand your query, to change the font color I suggest you to make few changes in the Personalization settings and check if that helps:

To do that,

1. Tap on Windows + I
    on the keyboard.

2. Click on the Personalization option.

3. Now click on Colors option.

4. Click on the preferred color from the list of colors.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

1. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs - Similar Threads - Black Font Color

2. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs: Hey, few weeks ago this all started happening so right now restoring point or figuring out what caused it gonna be problematic.Right now I realized that when I'm taking screenshot everything looks normal, so every attached photo is made using phone. also this I couldn't...
  3. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File names in other font and bolded: Answers to this question on this board say windows explorer doesn't allow file names in other fonts / bold / colour etc. Then how is it I have a folder as shown in the attached pic?...
  4. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File names in other font and bolded: Answers to this question on this board say windows explorer doesn't allow file names in other fonts / bold / colour etc. Then how is it I have a folder as shown in the attached pic?...
  5. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Explorer Cannot Place Folders Next To Each Other

Explorer Cannot Place Folders Next To Each Other: I'm not really sure what the root cause is - but Explore is NOT placing folders and other same items exactly next to each other. I have "type" selected so folders group together, documents group together, and so on. But, items aren't grouped together. Instead, I see...
  7. Windows explorer and other weird problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer and other weird problems.: So within that past day I have been having strange issues. 1. Each time I open a new windows explorer window it starts searching with the green bar loading all the way up to the right side and most of the time not finishing but sometimes it does I think? I disabled the...
  8. File Explorer not displaying left panel, and folders take me to other places.

File Explorer not displaying left panel, and folders take me to other places.: Today I had a problem, when I opened a folder from my desktop it didn't take me to that folder, it took me to the desktop folder. And the left panel wasn't showing, even when I activated the option. I think it was QTTaBar, but it is really useful and I don't really want to...
  9. Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications: Hi all, I am running Windows 10 Pro on a 4k monitor. A few days ago after running Windows update and restarted my computer. Fonts on title and files looks small and funny, only texts from the settings menu remains normal. Under a 4k monitor those fonts are so hard to read....
  10. Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications: Hi all, I am running Windows 10 Pro on a 4k monitor. A few days ago after running Windows update and restarted my computer. Fonts on title and files looks small and funny, only texts from the settings menu remains normal. Under a 4k monitor those fonts are so hard to read....