Windows 10: Black line in laptop display

Discus and support Black line in laptop display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop shows a small black line about 2cm x 2mm that does not move. If I connect the laptop to an external monitor that line does not show up. Guess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alkaufmann, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Black line in laptop display

My laptop shows a small black line about 2cm x 2mm that does not move. If I connect the laptop to an external monitor that line does not show up. Guess it is time to look for a new laptop? *cry Maybe I can find something on Cyber Monday.

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Nov 24, 2017

2. Grey-black lines on boot screen instead of HP logo or windows loading animation.

The display driver of my laptop is already updated. Still I got that grey-black line this morning.

A.K.Tarafder, Nov 24, 2017
  3. arolakiv Win User
    Vertical black line on screen display using Windows 10.

Original Title: Display on Laptop

On my screen there is a vertical black line. When I turn the screen up and down, the black bar changes colors but turns black after some time.

My computer model is an Acer running on an intel i7.

arolakiv, Nov 24, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

Black line in laptop display

If the black line is in your LCD, you just need a replacement screen. Now if you laptop is over 5 years old. You can look for a new one.

debsawyer, Nov 24, 2017
  5. Thanks for that suggestion, I would not have thought of looking for a screen replacement. Much cheaper than buying a new laptop!
    Ak

alkaufmann, Nov 24, 2017
  6. debsawyer Win User
    Sure is
    Black line in laptop display [​IMG]

debsawyer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black line in laptop display

1. Black line in laptop display - Similar Threads - Black line laptop

2. Laptop display has a series of vertical lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop display has a series of vertical lines: I have a Lenovo laptop which was upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. After the last update, I see a series of vertical lines on the display. I have updated the drivers for VGA again. But still they are not going away. How do I know if the drivers are bad or the hardware?. How to...
  3. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black vertical lines on display: Recently I purchased a MSI Katana gf76 laptop. The display was fine till 2 days ago but yesterday when booted the laptop there was black vertical line on the screen. This problem occured once I connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do...
  4. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black vertical lines on display: Recently I purchased a MSI Katana gf76 laptop. The display was fine till 2 days ago but yesterday when booted the laptop there was black vertical line on the screen. This problem occured once I connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do...
  5. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. laptop display vertical lines

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop display vertical lines: my dell laptop has some vertical lines on display. what is the cause,how can i clear it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-display-vertical-lines/dfb81d80-9f00-429f-ae09-cc694ba0d33f
  7. black lines on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black lines on my laptop screen: Anyone know why these have appeared .... and especially if there is an easy, cheap and safe fix I can do? Or to prevent their further expansion (see below) It is an old HP Elitebook G2, Windows 10 Pro (64) 1803 and recently puffed the battery (heating cause was likely...
  8. LINE IN not displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LINE IN not displayed: Helloo, I'm using Windows 10, latest version. Sometime ago my line in setup was working fine. I don't know what happened but after a windows update, I can't see the line in option in the recording tab neither in disabled devices nor in enabled ones I wonder what is the...
  9. Line-In not displaying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line-In not displaying: Helloo, I'm using Windows 10, latest version. Sometime ago my line in setup was working fine. I don't know what happened but after a windows update, I can't see the line in option in the recording tab neither in disabled devices nor in enabled ones I wonder what is the...
  10. black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays: This issue is almost driving me crazy! People where I work use 2 monitors used as extended displays. All the extended displays work fine on Windows 7, but when I upgrade or redo the PC with Windows 10, black lines are on the monitor(s). Sometimes the lines are thin and in...