Windows 10: black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays

Discus and support black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This issue is almost driving me crazy! People where I work use 2 monitors used as extended displays. All the extended displays work fine on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kevluck, Apr 13, 2018.

1. kevluck Win User

black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays

This issue is almost driving me crazy!

People where I work use 2 monitors used as extended displays. All the extended displays work fine on Windows 7, but when I upgrade or redo the PC with Windows 10, black lines are on the monitor(s).
    Sometimes the lines are thin and in the middle of the screen, and sometime the black lines are large from the bottom of the screen.

I’ve tried upgrading drivers & changing resolution, and the black line will change location but won’t go away.
    Because the extended monitors work fine on Windows 7 it’s hard to think the hardware has a problem.

This problem happens on more than 1 model PC, but the PC I am having the issue on this one is a Dell OptiPlex 7010. The video card is the Intel card that the 7010s come with.

I have used the image I usually use, plus redo the PC from scratch with Windows 10, same problem.
    If the PC uses 1 monitor no problem, but using 2 monitors whether dual or extended display the lines are there.

I know the PCs are fairly up to date with Windows 10 updates, but I do believe there are a lot of Office updates to download.

Maybe someone else is having this problem out there somewhere.

:)

kevluck, Apr 13, 2018

2. task bar changed after Windows 10 update

Can occur when having the current monitor as only the secondary of a Display which is in Extend mode. Pressing Win-P, CursorUp, Enter (as if you could see the Project dialog and switch from Extend to Duplicate) may help.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 13, 2018
  3. plexxxus Win User
    Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Oh my god. Thank you. Unbelievable....

plexxxus, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays

1. black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays - Similar Threads - black lines monitors

2. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend monitor display pixelated: I'm using TUF Gaming F15 and extend monitor is LG MP59G HDMI. On extend monitor, I can see a small white line in blue background, and on image, icon, every thing look like not smooth. I have setting resolution and frame rate recommended but it still like this. Please help me...
  3. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend monitor display pixelated: I'm using TUF Gaming F15 and extend monitor is LG MP59G HDMI. On extend monitor, I can see a small white line in blue background, and on image, icon, every thing look like not smooth. I have setting resolution and frame rate recommended but it still like this. Please help me...
  4. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  6. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  7. Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...: When first turning on the computer, the motherboard screen and windows loading screen appears on both monitors, then when signing into Windows it reverts to only showing on monitor 1. After signing in I simply extend the screen using Windows + P and through display settings....
  8. Extending 2 Dell Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending 2 Dell Monitors: Hello! I am very technologically challenged, and I am trying to EXTEND (not mirror) my 2 desktop Dell monitors. My computer only has one vga port, and my monitors have hdmi cables. I bought a uGreen hdmi female to vga male adapter but I still can't figure it out. I...
  9. Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display": Hi all, I always use 2 monitors with windows 10 in Extended Display mode and I had never seen this issue that I have now, since last upgrade in windows 10. My problem is: I have extended displays and main monitor (1) is screen laptop, this is marked as "main" like you can...
  10. Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen: I have two BENQ GL2250 monitors connected to my Lenovo H535s via VGA. On bootup the Lenovo logo displays on monitor #2, and not on monitor #1. Then my usual display comes up on monitor #1 and monitor #2 goes to sleep. Tried HDMI leads too and a combination of HDMI+VGA,...