Windows 10: Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor

Discus and support Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, here is my journey. All was good and well, until my Windows 7 on another drive gave me an NTOSKRNL.EXE error (fixed now). My Windows 10 booted fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swordsx48, Feb 19, 2016.

1. swordsx48 Win User

Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor

Hi, here is my journey. All was good and well, until my Windows 7 on another drive gave me an NTOSKRNL.EXE error (fixed now). My Windows 10 booted fine at this point, but after entering my password, it was stuck on "logging in" for quite some time. I forced a reboot, and then I was stuck in the "Performing Automatic Repair" loop. I eventually got out of this, only to be greeted by a "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" BSOD. After replacing files from RegBack, I managed to get it to boot, but now I just see a black screen with no cursor. I've tried logging in and I had Chrome Remote Desktop but that didn't work either.
    It's really not okay for Windows to just mess up randomly. The NTOSKRNL error from the other drive COULDN'T have caused this problem.
    Please help me out! I hate reinstalling so much. It's one of the biggest wastes of time.

:)

swordsx48, Feb 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 won't boot after failed reset(full). PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!

Mine same problem but is ASUS stuck at a logo screen no cursor and after a few seconds it became black it repeated this

But i can access window boot manager

KhowKokwei, Feb 19, 2016
  3. InsaneJoe Win User
    Screen resolution changed on its own and can’t get the system to restore

The laptop will only show the windows boot screen with the windows logo and the spinning circle and the screen will go black with the mouse cursor and nothing else.

InsaneJoe, Feb 19, 2016
  4. badrobot Win User

Did you try a reset? I think that's your 2nd best option next to reinstallation. It only takes about 15mins to get out of that mess if you have an image backup.

badrobot, Feb 19, 2016
  5. swordsx48 Win User
    I've tried a reset/refresh, but it says the drive is locked. I do have an installation disk so I can perform some recovery tasks if anyone has any ideas. I've tried unlocking it with chkdsk and sfc /scannow but neither fixed the locked drive or helped me boot. I've also tried deleting hiberfil.sys but that didn't make any difference.

swordsx48, Feb 19, 2016
  6. XweAponX Win User
    This used to happen with me on Windows 8, it was activation issue. But I did in fact have a cursor. But the other things you describe, I had no locked drives. Can you boot to WinRE and access the drive that way? There may be a way to unlock it in there.

XweAponX, Feb 20, 2016
  7. swordsx48 Win User
    I have two other OSes and they all access the drive perfectly. WinRE's notepad and command prompt can access it too!

swordsx48, Feb 20, 2016
  8. swordsx48 Win User

Also it could be an activation issue because I was running a WAT fix on my Windows 7 OS and then this problem arose on Windows 10

swordsx48, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor - Similar Threads - Black Screen Boot

2. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  3. Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen: Hello today I was using my computer today and when I restarted it the screen goes black and has a cursor after the windows boot screen. I've tried to get into task manager, but it wont show up. I tried pressing control alt delete and nothing shows up. Going to the BIOS screen...
  4. Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot: I encountered this problem when I booted up my desktop, and only one of my two monitors was displaying the desktop screen. The settings were not detecting my monitor, so I configured some settings so that it would display both. I restart my computer, and during the boot...
  5. Black screen after boot logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after boot logo: Hi, when I turn on the laptop, I see only the manufacturer's logo with the windows loading sign and right after it, instead of the loading screen, there is a black screen or automatic repair, which after selecting any option restarts and there is still a black screen, any...
  6. Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo: Is there any way to fix this? System restore point didn't work, nor did editing shell in regedit. I am able to boot into safe mode, but not sure what to do once I'm in there submitted by /u/caedius [link] [comments]...
  7. Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST: I researched this issue on internet and I found nothing. I guess I'm the only weird pc owner here?... I formatted my PC yesterday and updated EVERYTHING that must be updated and even some more just to make sure this PC won't suck again like last time... I tried to turn...
  8. Black screen when booting after logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen when booting after logo: Hi to all, my laptop is not booting on first attempt. This happens around 3-4 months ago. It only has a black screen after the manufacturer logo and the rotating loading circles. No keyboard, no mouse, its totally unresponsive. What I do is I hit the power button to force...
  9. Windows 10 black screen after boot logo

Windows 10 black screen after boot logo: PC does not boot right all the time, sometimes after the boot logo with the blue windows sign and the circeling dots, it just stays black and nothing happens. This started to occur with my old instalation, installed windows 10 to a new drive and formated the old one, still...
  10. Booting to black screen with cursor

Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...