Windows 10: Black screen after Cortana started jabbering

Discus and support Black screen after Cortana started jabbering in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wiped the drive and installed Windows 10 Pro from an ISO downloaded from Microsoft. Just after I entered the first security question -- I chose a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nobody-important, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Black screen after Cortana started jabbering

I wiped the drive and installed Windows 10 Pro from an ISO downloaded from Microsoft. Just after I entered the first security question -- I chose a non-Microsoft login for admin -- the screen went black. I kept clicking the mouse, pressing Enter, and even tried cntl-alt-delete. Eventually the screen returned to the second security question. I was able to finish the installation.

There were some issues with drivers for the laptop and when I got everything figured out, some things were a bit of a mess. So I wiped the drive again and installed Windows 10 again. However, at the exact same spot during the installation, the screen went black again. I pressed the same keys, but the screen never returned to normal.

I'm going to wipe the drive and install Windows 10 from an ISO from a year or two back. But does anyone have a guess as to what happened?

:)

nobody-important, Aug 19, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Black screen after Cortana started jabbering

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Black screen after Cortana started jabbering

1. Black screen after Cortana started jabbering - Similar Threads - Black screen Cortana

2. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  3. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  4. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Flashing Black Screen after Start Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flashing Black Screen after Start Up: For the past few weeks, I've encountered this issue pretty much every time I log in. Everything works normally until the desktop starts loading, then both screens start flashing black and the taskbar appears and disappears. I can access the Task Manager via the shortcut or...
  6. Black Screen after Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Start-up: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop. Ever since then, every time I restart or turn on my computer, after the windows logo comes up, the screen becomes black with no cursor and it can stay like that for hours before the login screen comes up. Because of that...
  7. Black screen with Cursor after start up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with Cursor after start up?: Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start safe mode for whatever reason and I cannot use the fix with ctr alt and dlt. I've tried everything else but nothing works....
  8. cortana shows only black screen

in Cortana
    cortana shows only black screen: Cortana shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-shows-only-black-screen/242f6d2b-ccdb-4abb-bedb-c4fdc6f03f91"
  9. Black screen with cursor and cortana talking after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor and cortana talking after reset: As title shows im stuck with black screen and a cursor and cortana talking to me to set up windows but i cant see anything to click, just a black screen, please help!!...
  10. black screen after starting pc

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen after starting pc: Hi, when I start my pc the computer brand comes up and then it all goes black. I can see a mouse cursor but only that. I can't enter boot manager either. 75372