Windows 10: Black screen after each boot

Discus and support Black screen after each boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 yesterday but had to return back to Win 7 because the driver problems crashed the whole system. Basically what happened was that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Afterlife, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Afterlife Win User

Black screen after each boot

I installed Windows 10 yesterday but had to return back to Win 7 because the driver problems crashed the whole system. Basically what happened was that I was stuck at black screen after every boot and got back only when going to sleep-mode through power button and back.

I tried to uninstall all graphic drivers but it doesn't really work when Windows is reinstalling them immediately. I though that I would only use my Nvidia and downloaded the latest drivers and after that disconnect from Internet but the driver installation just crashed the whole system. When I rebooted it crashed again so only thing I could do was to boot in safe mode and go back to Win 7.

I have read multiple tutorials but I couldn't find solution. I would like to know how this problem can be solved before installing Windows 10 again.

:)

Afterlife, Dec 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 long boot/black screen/2 display drivers

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I tried these suggestions and had no luck. My problem is the black screen with no cursor BEFORE log in.

I disabled each display card in turn after booting to safe mode with networking, and the computer booted without the black screen but in low resolution. Windows says I have the most up to date driver for each card.

What else would you reccommend? My month long opportunity to roll back to Win. 8.1 is nearly up and I would really like the laptop to boot properly, but also very much like windows 10.

Thanks

TomDodington, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Fala21(2) Win User
    Can't boot Windows 10 It hangs at the blue window and then the screen goes black

Thanks but I tried booting to both the recovery usb and the installation software. Same thing each time. The installation disk starts up and says press any key to boot from the DVD, I press enter and after a few seconds I get the black screen again.

Fala21(2), Dec 30, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Fujitsu supports the Windows 10 upgrade on your laptop:

Fujitsu Technical Support pages from Fujitsu Fujitsu Continental Europe, Middle East, Africa & India

There's a lot of stuff they ask you to uninstall before the upgrade, but I don't see anything about graphics drivers. There may be some added complexity because your CPU has built-in graphics, and you have a separate nVidia display adapter. If the laptop uses the power saving scheme (Intel graphics for low-power and low performance, switching to nVidia for high performance), doing the upgrade may be, er, fun.

bobkn, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Black screen after each boot - Similar Threads - Black screen each

2. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  3. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  4. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  5. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen after booting Windows

Black screen after booting Windows: I get a black screen after booting my pc, it comes soon after seeing the windows logo. How can I fix the boot-up of the operating system? [Movido para inglês]...
  7. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  8. BLACK SCREEN AFTER boot animation!

in Windows 10 Support
    BLACK SCREEN AFTER boot animation!: Please be advised: posted in this part as other catagories did not say crash. If moving to better part please inform! Preface: no image backup exsits for system; User says: " yes it will in future" System:HP Compaq Elite 2300 all-in-one touch Windows 10 build partially...
  9. Black screen after boot, no lock screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after boot, no lock screen: I just updated my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I've been having some problems. Most of them were no big deal and a restart fixed them. However, now I can't loginto my pc. I just get a black screen. I tried safe mode, but I just got an error on the screen...
  10. Black screen after cold boot

Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...