Windows 10: Black Screen after login- Intel Q35

Discus and support Black Screen after login- Intel Q35 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My HP dc7800 slim line machine (no additional slot to put a new Video card into the machine) running Windows 7 Pro 32bit automatically updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by stevemrose, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Black Screen after login- Intel Q35

My HP dc7800 slim line machine (no additional slot to put a new Video card into the machine) running Windows 7 Pro 32bit automatically updated to Windows 10 and everything went fine. However, after the upgrade the machine I see the screen where I can log in but after that when the machine gets to where there should be a desktop I just have a black screen and a cursor. The machine has the Intel Q35 Express Chipset that encompasses the graphics driver (Intel Q35 Express). I have tried to get the machine to use the Windows Basic Video driver but it will not let me. There is no update for the driver and according to Intel there is no Windows 10 driver for the Q35.

I figure that from everything I have read that there is no driver I can use so I need to return the machine to the Windows 7 set up. However, I can only boot into Safe Mode and can not find who to get the machine to revert.

Any help with this would be appreciated. How do I get the machine to revert to Windows 7 since it has not been 30 days since the upgrade. OR, does anyone have an idea if there is a driver I can use with the integrated video chip and Intel Q35 Express Chipset embedded driver for Windows 10 Pro 32bit.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    steve rose

:)

stevemrose, Sep 26, 2015

2. windows 10 pro insider preview build 14931.rs_prerelease.160916-1700 shows only squares on32 bit menu . Solution?

Thank you very much

I used a little different way.

On start the device manager was not visible

solution:

win key plus R gives cmd line

enter command control

On the old configuration manager the menu text was still visible

Under display I disabled the chipset

Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)

After reboot login screen contains text.

I changed from default resolution to higher en everyting ok

Lucienduijkers, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Graphic adapters

I install update intel(R)Q35 Express chip and now my games no longer work need help

Ernest Atkins, Sep 26, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Black Screen after login- Intel Q35

Hi! Do you have any way to install W7 back on your PC?? If you can't get to the roll back feature, you may need to reinstall W7.
    That's a shame. I can't believe it let you upgrade to W10 and now won't boot. The only way I know is to start over.
    You may get better suggestions from other members. You can down load a ISO file here!! This is the only way I know!! Are you sure your PC upgraded to W10??
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...nload/windows7

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
  6. THANKS! The how to revert using the shift-F8 on boot up worked. Whew. Now, it's how to prevent an update in the future that will hose the machine.
    steve

stevemrose, Sep 30, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    Looking at the Microsoft Update Catalog, the Win 10 drivers for the Q35 chipset are WDDM 1.0 ones:

Microsoft Update Catalog

(WDDM 1.0 is for Vista.) Not exactly the latest, but they are supposed to be compatible. (I hope they're not the ones that got you in trouble.)

I suppose that you're not eager to try 10 again. That's fine; in my opinion, 10 is more of an upgrade from 8.x than it is from 7.

bobkn, Sep 30, 2015
  8. Black Screen after login- Intel Q35

Hi Bobkn,
    In fact those are the drivers and they give the black screen after login. According to Intel's support site, the Q35 is not supported in Win10. AND, I Win10 will not let me take this to Basic Windows Driver. Win10 on this machine - Win10 is not doable on this machine, or any machine with the integrated Intel Q35 Video chip.

Thanks
    steve

stevemrose, Oct 1, 2015
  9. bobkn Win User
    Thanks for the information.

It's too bad that you lack a PCI-E X16 slot in the ultra slim model. An inexpensive discrete graphics card would have allowed you to work around the issue without spending much.

From a practical standpoint, you're not giving up anything of substance by staying with 7.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen after login- Intel Q35

1. Black Screen after login- Intel Q35 - Similar Threads - Black Screen login

2. Black screen after login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login in: Black screen after login in is caused by KB5022360. Please find out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-login-in/bdc7cbbe-0569-406e-9c30-c54c09215ab8
  3. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Login: Ok So When I Turn On My Computer I See A Completely Black Screen Except For Microsoft Edge Open On A New Tab I've Also Tried The Following:Opening The Advanced Startup Screen ~10 Times [It Just Appears As A Black Screen]Opening Control Panel [Doesn't Open]Alt-F4 [Doesn't...
  4. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login: Since the last Windows update, installed this afternoon, I cannot use my laptop because when I connect, the screen is completely black and I cannot access anything, not even the control panel. How should I proceed in this case, I don't want to lose my files, any help is...
  5. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login: Since the last Windows update, installed this afternoon, I cannot use my laptop because when I connect, the screen is completely black and I cannot access anything, not even the control panel. How should I proceed in this case, I don't want to lose my files, any help is...
  6. black screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after login: so i literally just restarted my laptop and after signing in its giving me a black screen with my cursori tried editing the shell so that it was set to explorer.exe but it was already set to thati tried restarting explorer.exe through task manager and it wasnt there at alli...
  7. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen After Login: Every time I log on to my laptop I get stuck on a black screen with the cursor. I can get task manager up by using ctrl + alt + delete. I don't seem to have the problem when in safe mode. I have tried restarting windows explorer and running it from task manager but neither...
  8. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Login: i’m sure everyone’s heard this story about 10 times over, but every time i’ve logged in today it logs in to a black screen with a moveable cursor i’ve tried - fn+f8 (didn’t work) - windows key+ctrl+shift (didn’t work) - ctrl+alt+delete (worked but won’t open task manager) -...
  9. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after login: Hey! I have had windows 10 for a while now, but ever since release I have a pretty huge issue. After having it installed for a while (week or two) it gives me some weird windows notification (Didn't screenshot it fast enough, but is is very long with weird symbols) and after...
  10. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after login: Hi there everybody! I've been using this forum for quite a while now but I registered because I couldn't find a fix for my problem. After I log onto windows I get a black screen for a good 5-10 mintues. I can open up Task Manager with CTRL + ALT + DELETE but can't do anything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Q35 Wddm Are Slow