Windows 10: Black screen after login - other user gets logged in background

Discus and support Black screen after login - other user gets logged in background in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I got these two issues, don't know if these are related. At least second must be a bug or other conflict between accounts etc. Black screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mora67, Feb 22, 2018.

1. mora67 Win User

Black screen after login - other user gets logged in background

So I got these two issues, don't know if these are related. At least second must be a bug or other conflict between accounts etc.

• Black screen appears after admin login, lasts about 6 minutes before desktop appears. And note: black screen appears only for the admin login, other basic user account logins shows desktop in less than 10 seconds from login.
    • When switching of or rebooting from any account logged in, windows complains that there is another user logged in. Whatever has happened, there hasn't be a physical typing login of any other user. I started to see and realize this because my other family accounts has tried to switch of this PC but didn't notice that note of other user logged in and left the PC in that state without clicking don't mind; I see this when I log in next day with admin login details and switching off this other user note appears. And this happens also verse vice, just like admin gets logged in in background without me getting really logged in.

I got from Microsoft Finland community support advise that I should create a new admin account and then destroy current admin. But that would be a big mess because I have the whole MS family based on control from my current admin account. Also too many other services are depending of the control from this current admin account as Office 365 home accounts and security software.

:)

mora67, Feb 22, 2018

2. Blank Screen after Latest Windows 10 Update-- Cannot Switch Between users.

So for the pop-ups, I am no longer getting them after Re-Setting Chrome, Unistall and Reinstall did not correct it.

However, this was NOT happening in Chrome.

Yeah, Windows Defender is installed

Troubleshooting

I uninstalled prev w update, did not correct, then have run all windows update since then, and installed them

I deleted a user and added back, did not correct

I have run defender, malwarebits, found nothing

I ran the maintenance in windows, did not correct

I updated ALL my drivers

there is no error message

If 1 user is logged in, and LOCK my account, the other user will get a blank screen after login

If 1 user is logged in, and the screensaver comes on, the other user will get a black screen after login

If 1 user is logged in and Signs OUT, blank screen happens MOST of the time.

The only way I can toggle the users, is a full restart.

rjbrjb_692, Feb 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342 Lock Screen background is black.

When I switch on my laptop, the Lock Screen background picture(which I've set on Windows Spotlight) shows only a default picture each time. Which also shows up on the login screen

Now when I lock the laptop the Lock Screen background is completely black, though the windows spotlight image does show up on the login screen. ****? How may I repair this on my side or is there gonna be an update?

Edit: After much research I've come to know that the lock screen on boot up is called the system lock screen, and the login screen after that is the system login screen. The screen that is black is the USER lock screen. Cortana, the clock and everything
    else appears fine on the black screen.

Saurabh Wanivadekar, Feb 22, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    - perhaps suggests you have a user account configured to log in automatically (no prompt)
    - which could have been achieved like this
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup Windows 10 Tutorials

I'm not sure from your description, as if that were so, you'd log into that on boot, so you'd know which one it was.

Try a clean boot and then compare the result with that account.
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Tutorials
    Part 1

If that eliminates the delay, find the culprit by a process of elimination.

You can check your file system:
    Boot to a command prompt (e.g. via SHIFT left click restart and work thru the prompts), at the command prompt identify the drive letter for your Windows partition (it most likely will not be C: )

then run
    chkdsk X: /F
    - replacing X with your drive letter.
    Report the summary result.

dalchina, Feb 22, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    - perhaps suggests you have a user account configured to log in automatically (no prompt)... Also, the new feature in Fall Creators Update that can reopen apps on boot/restart also appears to cause some other users to appear as signed in...
    Fall Creators Update Doesn't Log Out

6. mora67 Win User
    One more issue to consider. Turning on this home PC after shutdowns by any user, in logging options only the admin (my) account logging option displays the email address connected to my Office 365 home account credentials, but other user options only login name option displayed of them. Does this mean that my admin login is not only a local login, and perhaps causing the whole/part of black screen delay mess with keeping all users logged in? That FCU might have some part of the issue, perhaps MS Office 365 also some part. I have Office 365 home partly syncing this desktop as well as part of Office 365 business from my work. I should remove that business part from this home PC, but I don't want to carry my work laptop home every day*Smile

mora67, Feb 23, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
  8. mora67 Win User

Yes, this is one kind of MS account signing in issue. A way to solve this is another issue. I need one reliable PC to control all family images/videos/files, currently Office 365 home seems to be the only option to provide possibilities for saving all this stuff automatically from family phones/pads.

mora67, Feb 23, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Feb 23, 2018
  10. mora67 Win User
    mora67, Mar 2, 2018
  11. mora67 Win User
    In my User Accounts was already set Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. But still in background other account gets signed in without entering password. Weird.

mora67, Mar 10, 2018
  12. Bree New Member
    No, not really, not if you have 1709. A little publicised new feature in the Fall Creators Update is that it has the ability at the next boot to restart certain apps that were open when you closed down. Some have reported that this also has the effect of 'pre-loading' some of the other users.

From build 16299.214 on a fix has been added that can turn off the 'reopen apps' feature for individual users . You turn off 'use my sign in info after a restart'. This will probably also stop the 'other users' sign ins. You'll have to do this for each user on the PC, not just your own account.
    *Arrow Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

13. mora67 Win User

I have that "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" set for all users. But it doesn't work as I mentioned in previous post; another user gets signed in in background when only one user has entered user name and password after clean boot.

mora67, Mar 10, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
    No @mora67, I said...

It's a completely different setting, read the tutorial link I gave you for details of what it does.

Thema:

1. Black screen after login - other user gets logged in background - Similar Threads - Black screen login

2. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  3. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  4. With win11, I add an other user, I got black screen after login with this new user.

With win11, I add an other user, I got black screen after login with this new user.: With win11, I add an other user, I got black screen after login with this new user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-win11-i-add-an-other-user-i-got-black-screen/8d59bd95-b590-46ca-93a0-1532f0b63bb0
  5. With win11, I add an other user, I got black screen after login with this new user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With win11, I add an other user, I got black screen after login with this new user.: With win11, I add an other user, I got black screen after login with this new user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-win11-i-add-an-other-user-i-got-black-screen/8d59bd95-b590-46ca-93a0-1532f0b63bb0
  6. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked but I regret doing it. The laptop has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to complete the task. Even worse, now...
  7. Other User Log In Screen

Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked. But big mistake. It has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to just get back to a log in screen. Even worse, now...
  8. Other users not showing on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users not showing on login screen: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10, and added a second user with admin privileges. Now this second user doesn't show up on the login screen, and so I can't login to that user. How do I fix this?...
  9. Pc gets black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc gets black screen after log in: I’ve tried troubleshooting, and restating it any tips? submitted by /u/_Black_Tiger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcz0u9/pc_gets_black_screen_after_log_in/
  10. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785