Windows 10: Black Screen After Recent Update

Discus and support Black Screen After Recent Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jrichardson83, May 15, 2017.

1. Black Screen After Recent Update

I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons.

1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be getting less worse over the last two days.

2). The REAL problem is that now I only get a completely black screen after booting up my computer. All I see is the mouse and I get a couple windows that pop-up informing me a couple IOBIT programs have "encountered a problem." I'm certain this has something to do with the update also because I have all the same IOBIT programs running on my two other PCs, which I have not updated.

I'm thinking the problem has something to do with the video card issues, as I read somewhere that a user was having a similar problem. However, their "fix" did not work for me.

Please advise.

:)

jrichardson83, May 15, 2017

2. Fail to restart

Computer will not restart after recent Windows Updates, goes to black screen

AhmadEghtesadi, May 15, 2017
  3. SKB''' Win User
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor at start up but disappears after 5 minutes

I recently updated my widows 10 and now get a black screen with cursor, but after 5 minutes the black screen disappears and everything works fine. I updated my graphics driver but this did not change anything.

SKB''', May 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Black Screen After Recent Update

Hi, assuming you have upgraded to the Creator's edition (updates are routine in general- unless sthg goes wrong!) there have been reports of 3rd party programs not being compatible with it. (In some cases an update has been needed.

Note what this user did:
    Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles) Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Unfortunately as you can't boot to Windows, you can't easily boot to Safe Mode either, when you could either stop these running or hopefully uninstall them.

This gives you an idea of what you need to do... but you should be able to get your PC to boot to safe mode using this:
    How To Force Windows To Restart in Safe Mode [15 Min]

(Note- I've never tried this myself, so hopefully someone who is familiar with using bcdedit offline can confirm).

Failing that, you can roll back to the AU and uninstall programs before upgrading.

Also try searching for conflicts between these Iobit programs and the CU.

Of course, your problem may not be these programmes, and could be sthg else.

dalchina, May 15, 2017
Thema:

Black Screen After Recent Update

1. Black Screen After Recent Update - Similar Threads - Black Screen Recent

2. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update: Hello,My desktop computer is black screening after an automatic Windows 10 update. I think the update should be a recent version since I have updated my PC within the last month. I clicked shutdown and update last night and I woke up to my computer still on with a black...
  3. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update: Hello,My desktop computer is black screening after an automatic Windows 10 update. I think the update should be a recent version since I have updated my PC within the last month. I clicked shutdown and update last night and I woke up to my computer still on with a black...
  4. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates: As topic stated, after recent Windows updates I have experienced fairly frequent flashing black screen. Never seen before on the laptop HP 240 I have had for about a year....
  6. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: I have the same problem as the below posting. I have tried a bunch of things to remedy this issue, but really nothing works. "Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates"...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  8. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  9. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  10. Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates

Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates: As the question describes, I get 2-4 minutes of black screen after login, I can still see the blue screen if I do ctrl alt del but I can't see task manager if I click it, just a black screen with the mouse cursor visible. Sometimes I get prompts and I can see them, then after...