Windows 10: Black screen after update last night

Discus and support Black screen after update last night in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ozstar, Sep 14, 2017.

1. ozstar Win User

Black screen after update last night

Hi,

This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting.

Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music.

I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up okay whilst the other is still the same.

This one is a Dell T7500 Precision Desktop.

I have unattached all USB boxes to it, but still no go.

Just rebooted 3 times and into safe mode. Chose Start Repair and it said Checking Hard Drive might take 1 hour, then about 15 mins later said Attempting Repairs.

It then rebooted once again to music and black screen again.

:)

ozstar, Sep 14, 2017

2. Can not get display to fully fit the monitor. Have black edges on both sides of screen.

After automatic update last night - when log in this morning, display will not fully fit the screen. Have black edges on both side of display.

Samsung S24C230BL, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 black screen after restart

we started having issues with the black screen after the windows up date last night, every time we use restart we get the windows window and it goes to black screen

now we can do a manual open with power button that shows no black screen and goes to login screen, ****

JamesWatkins84, Sep 14, 2017
  4. ozstar Win User

Now I am not sure how or why but it is back up and running.

This is what I did I rebooted 3 times to get the Safe Mode and 'Start Repair'. It 'Checked the Hard Drive' and 'Attempted Repair'. I did this 3 times. But still no glee.

I decided to take off the 2 monitors and attached another. I did this and it worked.

I then attached the 2 orig monitors and it is all okay, so I have no idea what happened.

I checked Event logs and not sure if they are related to the problem however they were the only Errors and Critical Errors.

WudFRD, WudFSvc and CldFLt.

I will now Google to see what they are.

ozstar, Sep 14, 2017
  5. ajl1980 Win User
    I had the same problem, after 3 reboots I decided to roll back the last update.

Control + Alt + Del still brought up the Task Manager, so I ran the appropriate task to do this from the Run Task option on the Task Manager.

ajl1980, Sep 14, 2017
  6. ozstar Win User
    I couldn't even get into Task Mgr.. Just dead except the cursor was there and was moveable.

I didn't roll it back but as it was 'Attempting to Repair', it may have done so.

I am now checking all my drivers to see if all is okay.

ozstar, Sep 14, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    Same for me but in my case I could open task manager, tried what had worked previously for me which was to close all instances of nVidia but it didn't work this time, restarted in safe mode & uninstalled the nVidia drivers & restarted which worked.

Bastet, Sep 14, 2017
  8. ozstar Win User

It certainly had me worried for a while with 2 boxes black screened.

Update on my problem..

Now I am not sure how or why but it is back up and running.

This is what I did...

I rebooted 3 times to get the Safe Mode and 'Start Repair'.

It 'Checked the Hard Drive' and 'Attempted Repair'. I did this 3 times. But still no glee.

I decided to take off the 2 monitors and attached another. I did this and it worked.

I then attached the 2 orig monitors and it is all okay, so I have no idea what happened.

I checked Event logs and not sure if they are related to the problem however they were the only Errors and Critical Errors.

WudFRD, WudFSvc and CldFLt.

I will now Google to see what they are.

ozstar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen after update last night - Similar Threads - Black screen update

2. Black screen and displayport problem after last windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and displayport problem after last windows updates: hello after the last windows update of the 16/03/2021 my displayport start of fail and appear a message in the monitor that says "displayport not signal" and the monitor changes to black screen and I can't see anything, that happen each time when i open a game and some times...
  3. Black screen for 5 minutes on startup after last night’s auto-update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen for 5 minutes on startup after last night’s auto-update: My PC auto-updated last night even though I had it turned off, and now my computer black screens on startup for five minutes when I turn the thing on. It’s a custom built desktop. Any advice? submitted by /u/hvalada [link] [comments]...
  4. Black screen after last updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after last updates: Good Evening, I have a HP laptop purchased in 2017 with Windows 10 and Office 2016. I ran the most recent updates. My laptop now has a black screen. I can hear the laptop fan and components starting up. I did several hard shutdowns, and the reboot still had a black...
  5. Black screen after signing in (happened after the last update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after signing in (happened after the last update): I can't see the desktop anymore when I sign in, just a black screen. I can still open task manager though. Restarting computer won't help. Anyone else experiencing this? What to do? submitted by /u/Trekapalooza [link] [comments]...
  6. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  7. Black Screen after last Windows update. Any solutions?

Black Screen after last Windows update. Any solutions?: Black Screen blue's.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-last-windows-update-any/bd02ddb8-6629-45ac-bc5c-536a8c1a97e6
  8. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  9. Slow computer after it updated last night

Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  10. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051