Windows 10: Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive

Discus and support Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed win10 updates last night. I now only get a black monitor which immediately goes to sleep. My keyboard and mouse are also non responsive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kramdivad, Jun 20, 2017.

1. kramdivad Win User

Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive

I installed win10 updates last night. I now only get a black monitor which immediately goes to sleep. My keyboard and mouse are also non responsive. I have an optical mouse connected via usb and it appears to be dead as no light is on on the underside. When I turn the cpu off via its power button, it will come back on after about 10 seconds. The monitor goes through its signal check and it detects no signal and goes to sleep. It is as if the drivers for all the peripherals where removed. I will say also that the power button, when it is on seems to glow at half the intensity it used to.

The cpu was working normally just prior to the update installation.

Thanks for any input

:)

kramdivad, Jun 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 v16299.125 Upgrade Problem

Problem with autoupgrade through integrated update center from Win10 v1607 (14393) to Win10 v1709 (16299) with stopcode Driver Power State Failure (BlueScreen) stuck during update process on 76% after second reboot (second time had to manually initiate
    continuation of process cause black screen with unresponsive HDD [indicator totally off]). Autoreverted to 1607. Have 2 attempts already.

a8e6e77a-b3c5-4eab-a848-04ad2493f8f4, Jun 20, 2017
  3. After (Windows 10) reset to factory settings my device wont turn on

Last week I accidentally downloaded some adware, after deleting a loads of programmes and scanning my tablet with a number of different antivirus software's I decided to reset it to factory settings. I went into settings>update and security>Reset this
    pc and reset it all. After an hour and a half of being left alone the screen was black and unresponsive, I waited another hour with no change. After turning it off an on again the only response I've had is a slight brightening of the screen and the charging light
    turning on when I plug it in. Connecting it to my computer charges it but it is not recognised as a peripheral.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

halwilliamsZY, Jun 20, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Try pulling the power lead out and waiting for a few minutes before connecting it back again. Then see if it will restart.

How far did you get with the W10 updates? Were you in the process of a restart when this happened or did you get a crash before being asked to restart?

Please can you fill in as many details as possible about you system in the system spec area of your profile.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  5. kramdivad Win User
    Well, ends up the mother board got fried and needs replacing. Not going there. Had Hard drive info recovered. Now need a new a new system.

Tanks for the input.

kramdivad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive - Similar Threads - Black screen win10

2. Random black screen and unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random black screen and unresponsive: AMD Ryzen 3 3100G Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 8GB HyperX Ram 500w Thermaltake PSU 1TB Seagate HDD 240GB PNY SSD Not the first PC I have built but definitely the first time I have run into this issue and I would really appreciate some help! It's for my nephew for Christmas so I...
  3. Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update: I updated to version 2004 on Windows 10, now I get a 20-40 second black screen before login. It does bring me to the login screen after above time frame, I can log-in and PC functions and plays games fine. But it has me anxious to ever reboot my PC. Any thoughts on how to...
  4. Black Screen accompanied by unresponsive system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen accompanied by unresponsive system.: During Gaming My system display turns off but the fan is working and lights on the keyboard are working.Pressing the power button for a long time does not turn off the device and the battery had to be removed.My device is an Hp 15 aco83tx. I also noted that the indicators...
  5. Unresponsive Black Screen @ Logout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unresponsive Black Screen @ Logout: Title says it all. It happens randomly and only happens since I’ve upgrade/used Windows 10 on both my desktop and gaming/travel laptop. The monitor acts as if there is nothing to show, no cursor or response to key presses, and the reboot graphics card key combo doesn’t work...
  6. Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time: So I just recently built my PC. I actually have no crashing issue while I have been using it. I've definitely used it for 5+ hours straight with no issue. However, once night time comes, I am going to lock my computer and turn off my main display (I have 3, so the one in the...
  7. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  8. screen goes black, peripherals shut off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen goes black, peripherals shut off: I recently purchased a new motherboard, ram, processor, and SSD + win 10 to boot from. I installed my SSD and am running it alongside my old hard drive. My issue is that my screen and all my peripherals will randomly shut off for no reason. The computer is still on and the...
  9. Laptop screen black and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen black and unresponsive: I downloaded windows 10 and all had been running smoothly, however, when I turned my laptop on this morning my background was black and about 20 new icons had appeared on the desktop all of which were just white and blank, i normally only have rhe recycle bin. i tried to run...
  10. Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update: Today I had a notification of a Win 10 updates from the 19th and 20th August 2015. The updates installed and my PC booted and now I have a Black Background screen which I am not able to now change. Does anyone have a similar situation and is there a possible suggested...