Windows 10: Black Screen after windows icon at boot/no cusor

Discus and support Black Screen after windows icon at boot/no cusor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently ran the auto upgrade to 10 from 7 and when my computer boots up I see the windows icon with the spinning dots underneath and then my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by N1210, Dec 9, 2015.

1. N1210 Win User

Black Screen after windows icon at boot/no cusor

I recently ran the auto upgrade to 10 from 7 and when my computer boots up I see the windows icon with the spinning dots underneath and then my screen says "not supported". After a few minutes the tv says "no signal". That makes me think that it is getting a signal from the computer that is simply not compatible until the screen saver kicks in and it gets "no signal". If i wiggle the mouse after the "no signal" appears on the tv it flickers and then says "not supported" again.
    I am using a Lenovo q150 that runs to my MAG tv via hdmi. I do not have another monitor to plug into although I am bringing home a monitor cord to connect to my tv in hopes that it will work.
    If it does... what setting should I be looking for to make the tv/display work through the hdmi? I use this as a home theater setup and have all my kids movies running on it. It has worked great until now and I am regretting upgrading to 10.
    Thanks for any help.
    Nick

:)

N1210, Dec 9, 2015

2. Cursor

My cusor has become a black square, instead of a vertical line. Even as I type this message, it is blinking as a black square.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Edenlechaim, Dec 9, 2015
  3. DougFoxXX Win User
    touchpad

after downloading windows 10, I can't get the cusor to work or the touchpad

DougFoxXX, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Black Screen after windows icon at boot/no cusor

1. Black Screen after windows icon at boot/no cusor - Similar Threads - Black Screen icon

2. Black screen with cusor issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cusor issue: Hi guys, I will straight away come to my point, I was having a win 10 computer and I encountered an issue where I only can see a black screen with the mouse pointer on it . the first time when I saw it I was so scared . but it all took just a restart to fix that issue. I was...
  3. Black screen with cusor issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cusor issue: Hi guys, I will straight away come to my point, I was having a win 10 computer and I encountered an issue where I only can see a black screen with the mouse pointer on it . the first time when I saw it I was so scared . but it all took just a restart to fix that issue. I was...
  4. Black screen after boot on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot on windows 10: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...
  5. Black screen after boot on windows 10 on

Black screen after boot on windows 10 on: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...
  6. Black screen after booting Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after booting Windows: I get a black screen after booting my pc, it comes soon after seeing the windows logo. How can I fix the boot-up of the operating system? [Movido para inglês]...
  7. Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot: I encountered this problem when I booted up my desktop, and only one of my two monitors was displaying the desktop screen. The settings were not detecting my monitor, so I configured some settings so that it would display both. I restart my computer, and during the boot...
  8. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  9. Black screen on boot after windows update

Black screen on boot after windows update: I did a windows update, and now all I get is a black screen when I boot. No manufacturer logo or windows logo ever shows up, ctrl alt delete doesn't do anything. Tried using the power button to reboot 3 times, but still black screen. I can toggle num-lock, caps lock,...
  10. Icons not showing at boot up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not showing at boot up Black Screen: Hello Guys and gals, I have noticed recently that I am getting a black screen when i boot up my machine, this did not use to happen ( prior to the fall updates ) and I have to reboot to get the icons to show up, anyone has any idea why this is happening? for some reason, i...