Windows 10: Black Screen and Command Line - Issue After Recent Update

Discus and support Black Screen and Command Line - Issue After Recent Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This morning I woke up to an interesting issue with my desktop; when I log into my account it brings me to a black screen that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by soraura, Feb 14, 2018.

1. soraura Win User

Black Screen and Command Line - Issue After Recent Update

Hello everyone,
    This morning I woke up to an interesting issue with my desktop; when I log into my account it brings me to a black screen that is completely empty aside from a command line that says something similar to "windows 32". (I'm away from home right now but I will post more specific details/take pictures of the problem and my PCs specs in a couple of hours if necessary.) In this state I am unable to open up the start menu or any other menu and aside from ctrl + alt + del I am unable to interact with the computer. My mouse is visible and able to move whilst in this screen.

I have taken multiple steps to fix this issue all culminating in failure. The first thing I did was restart in safe mode but the issue persisted. Next I ran the boot repair tool in the advanced options and it failed. At this point I tried to use the advanced option to restore a previous version of Windows but the restore failed as well. I wasn't entirely sure as to what the issue was at that moment so I just restored to a backup point about a month ago where my computer was definitely stable, after the restore I was forced to update and the issue persisted. This is the reason why I think the problem is a result of the recent windows update; however, it of course might not be.

Afterwards I pretty much started spamming all the previous steps in differing orders in hopes that some combination would solve the problem as I really don't want to do the complete Windows reinstall option if not imperative.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

:)

soraura, Feb 14, 2018

2. Black Screen and Command Line

I ultimately decided to just reset my pc (under the option that keeps personal files) and that worked for getting rid of the issue. Now I just gotta re-download all the apps I want. -_-

Hopefully I pull some better performance after the reset!

JatavienTheRealSaco, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Black Screen and Command Line

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Open Command Prompt, then do it there.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 14, 2018
  4. soraura Win User

Black Screen and Command Line - Issue After Recent Update [​IMG]

This is a picture of what the screen looks like. Everything else is just black.

soraura, Feb 14, 2018
  5. soraura Win User
    I ultimately decided to just reset my pc (under the option that keeps personal files) and that worked for getting rid of the issue. Now I just gotta re-download all the apps I want. -_-
    Hopefully I pull some better performance after the reset!

soraura, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black Screen and Command Line - Issue After Recent Update - Similar Threads - Black Screen Command

2. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update: Hello,My desktop computer is black screening after an automatic Windows 10 update. I think the update should be a recent version since I have updated my PC within the last month. I clicked shutdown and update last night and I woke up to my computer still on with a black...
  3. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update: Hello,My desktop computer is black screening after an automatic Windows 10 update. I think the update should be a recent version since I have updated my PC within the last month. I clicked shutdown and update last night and I woke up to my computer still on with a black...
  4. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates: As topic stated, after recent Windows updates I have experienced fairly frequent flashing black screen. Never seen before on the laptop HP 240 I have had for about a year....
  6. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  8. Black Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Lines on Screen: Hello all, My computer started getting these weird black lines on the screen[ATTACH]. I asked a friend of mine, and he said the pixels had died. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I need to study with this constantly. Any help will be appreciated. [Original Title: My...
  9. Black screen issues after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen issues after updates: So far EVERY update in the last 2 years to Windows 10 has created a black screen event on my desktop where nothing but a black screen is visible after doing the restart. This ONLY happens after updates and EVERY update. I did a reformat only 6months tops ago because that lot...
  10. Black Screen After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen After Recent Update: I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be...