Windows 10: Black screen boot

Discus and support Black screen boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Went to restart my computer and when I did and rebooted it it went to a loading screen with the circle balls going around. It then goes to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coltonwollin, May 4, 2016.

1. Black screen boot

Went to restart my computer and when I did and rebooted it it went to a loading screen with the circle balls going around.
    It then goes to another loading the same thing.
    Then it goes to a black screen where I can move the mouse.
    I tried using the space and ctrl tricks to put in my password blindly but that doesn't work either.
    I'm thinking it's graphics drivers but I can't get into safe mode so I have no idea what to do.
    Edit: turns out booting into safe doesn't work either because it's a black screen booting into that as well.

:)

Coltonwollin, May 4, 2016

2. Unable to start Windows 10 after Anniversary Update

Has bricked my desktop. After installing, screen goes black. Then I tried booting from recovery disk, screen goes black. I can't even get into safe mode. Essentially computer is dead.. So all I can see is the initial boot logo, then the screen goes black.
    I can hit f12 to boot from recovery disk, but then screen goes black.

Original title: Anniversary Update

TonySeaback, May 4, 2016
  3. How can I remove grimefighter permanently

Please help I'm stuck with avast grimefighter on boot and goes into black screen.

Cant boot windows or the programs never turns on.

Just black screen for hours.

vivekmuppidi, May 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Black screen boot

I'm assuming you have a monitor as you have not filled in your system specs. Can you connect the monitor to your on board graphics rather than the graphics card and see if you can get the monitor working that way? Have you tried a different cable or connection such as an HDMI, DVI or display port etc?

philc43, May 5, 2016
Thema:

Black screen boot

1. Black screen boot - Similar Threads - Black screen boot

2. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on boot: Hey, My laptop black screens on boot, and power cycling it opens a screen that says "Automatic RepairYour PC did not start correctly"I then have 2 buttons, Restart, and Advanced Options.Clicking Advanced Options, Troubleshoot, Advanced Options brings me to a screen with 6...
  3. booting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    booting to black screen: Hi everyone.minor issue to be honest but its getting tedious so im hoping some can shed some light.any time i boot my lptop up, it loads to a black screen. the only temporary fix ive found is to hard power down nd reboot, everything else works fine once its loaded but its...
  4. booting to black screen

booting to black screen: Hi everyone.minor issue to be honest but its getting tedious so im hoping some can shed some light.any time i boot my lptop up, it loads to a black screen. the only temporary fix ive found is to hard power down nd reboot, everything else works fine once its loaded but its...
  5. Black Screen on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen on Boot: When I boot my pc It loads past the bios, then I get the circle loading symbol. This fades away and I am left with a black screen more grey because the screen is still on. I Think it is a problem with my SSD. I put in a separate Hard drive to test and it works fine. I ended...
  6. Black Screen on Boot

Black Screen on Boot: When I boot my pc It loads past the bios, then I get the circle loading symbol. This fades away and I am left with a black screen more grey because the screen is still on. I Think it is a problem with my SSD. I put in a separate Hard drive to test and it works fine. I ended...
  7. Black Screen on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot to black screen: About a month or so ago my computers windows had been corrupted so I had to do a clean boot from a usb and everything was working fine until now, my pc started freezing but I could still move my cursor, this happened a couple of time so I restarted my pc and it got stuck on...
  9. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on boot: On my laptop I have been running into an issue with boot times which I swear is only getting worse. After the Lenovo boot screen where I am able to enter bios, I encounter a black screen which lasts around 25 to 30 seconds. Here is the system specs: Lenovo E540 i7-4702MQ...
  10. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...