Windows 10: Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound

Discus and support Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 has installed and everything is working fine, except for when booting up the LCD is black. If I hit power button to go to sleep, then hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iAnonymity, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound

Windows 10 has installed and everything is working fine, except for when booting up the LCD is black. If I hit power button to go to sleep, then hit again to turn on, the LCD comes on just fine, I've tried 4 different drivers ranging from 2012 to the current 8/17/2015 that Windows update installed. When the screen is black, I can hook up a external monitor and it works fine, it acts as the only display, not a 2nd or extended. This is on a Dell Inspiron n5050, I'm trying to find a fix or a driver that will work with this black screen on bootup issue, or just use a external monitor and the Power off, on method for now and hold off until something happens with between vendors and more driver support.

:)

iAnonymity, Aug 19, 2015

2. Black screen while windows booting

When I boot my windows it shows a black screen though I hear the login sound. Then after some time the cursor appears and then I press enter(because I don't have password so enter is sufficient to login) and then after taking some more time my
    windows is visible and ready to use. Can anyone tell me how to faster my system and how to remove this black screen while booting?

Prateek Lohani, Aug 19, 2015
  3. gbyopack Win User
    Reboot Takes HOURS

I have Windows 10 and when ever it does an automatic restart, it will take hours for Windows to start properly. I'll get the Windows logo, then it goes black. I'll get the start-up sound, but the screen stays black. The hard drive activity light is
    on, and I can hear it going. But the screen still stays black and I never get to the Windows login screen. Please help me.

gbyopack, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound

1. Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound - Similar Threads - Black screen booting

2. Window black screen with buzzing sound, but boot up fine after

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window black screen with buzzing sound, but boot up fine after: Why does my screen froze black with some blue lines, and second monitor had black screen as well and vertical glitch letters, I was in the middle of watching video and this suddenly happens, there shouldn't be any thing with heavy work load running in the back ground or...
  3. Window black screen with buzzing sound, but boot up fine after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window black screen with buzzing sound, but boot up fine after: Why does my screen froze black with some blue lines, and second monitor had black screen as well and vertical glitch letters, I was in the middle of watching video and this suddenly happens, there shouldn't be any thing with heavy work load running in the back ground or...
  4. Window black screen with buzzing sound, but boot up fine after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows boots up into a black screen.

Windows boots up into a black screen.: So what happened was I tried dual booting Linux mint but It didn't show an "install with windows" option. So I read on the internet that disabling fast startup can help. So I disabled fast startup. First 3 or 4 startups were normal. But then I plugged in another usb which in...
  6. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound: Hello, Please can anyone help... I'm learning this. This is my first build with my dad's help I just built my pc around Christmas. here are my specs: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600X RX 5700 16 Gb Ram - 2x8gb DDR4 I don't know what happened. Ever since the built, I...
  7. Boot up login screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up login screens: During the startup sequence the last thing that happens before Windows 10 goes to the Desktop is for me to login in my password. Most of the time the startup sequence lands on the Welcome Screen. That is what I prefer because my old laptop keyboard is on its last legs. I have...
  8. Black screen/ no boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen/ no boot up: Hi, Recently computer stopped booting up. What happens is, I power it on, the flash screen comes up, then it says loading operating system and then it just goes to a black screen and stays like it. This happened ever since i tried to boot into safe mode and upon restart...
  9. Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading: Black screen on booting up. Description, I press the power button to boot the laptop. It acts like it will boot fine. I see the ASUS logo. After that, a black screen(sometimes it will go away - 90% of the time, I have to force shutdown and hold down power button 30-60...
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...