Windows 10: Black screen but sound, no dump files

Discus and support Black screen but sound, no dump files in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, My problem is that after I start to play any game, 10-15 mins pass and I have a black screen. There is sound, but the keyboard/mouse won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nemrob, Sep 30, 2016.

1. nemrob Win User

Black screen but sound, no dump files

Hello,
    My problem is that after I start to play any game, 10-15 mins pass and I have a black screen. There is sound, but the keyboard/mouse won't react, so I have to reset the PC - therefore there is no dump file. I really don't know what to do. Is there a software that monitors this kind of crashes?
    Otherwise the PC runs for days on end if I don't use the VGA in games. This is my only problem with it. After restarting it, it usually runs in games all right, no crash later.
    Thank you in advance for any help.

The VGA is a GIGABYTE GV-N970IXOC-4GD GTX970 4GB GDDR5 PCIE.

CPU : QuadCore Intel Core i5-6600K, 3933 MHz (39 x 101)
    Mobo : ASRock Z170 Gaming K6 (3 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
    Chipset : Intel Sunrise Point Z170, Intel Skylake-S

:)

nemrob, Sep 30, 2016
  2. DavidAWitte, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Nitsujz Win User
    PC Crash: LiveKernelEvent

Don't have a folder called Minidump.

Anyway, if it just turns my screen black - sound works sometimes screeching sound. Does it still make a DMP file or only on BSOD?

Nitsujz, Sep 30, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

with VGA you mean the graphics card?

how old is your power supply unit (PSU)? and are you using a HDMI connector from GFX card to monitor?

batlhilz, Oct 2, 2016
  5. nemrob Win User
    Yes, the graphics card. I think it is the problem, because I have sound.

This is a quite new machine, I bought it this spring, brand new everything. I use a DVI cable.

Thank you for answering.

nemrob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen but sound, no dump files - Similar Threads - Black screen sound

2. Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump: I've been getting random crashes where the system hangs then reboots. Sometimes when I'm playing videogames, other times when the PC is idle. I've tried cleaning and re-seating my RAM, updating BIOS, removing and installing new GPU drivers but nothing seems to fix this.System...
  3. Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump: I've been getting random crashes where the system hangs then reboots. Sometimes when I'm playing videogames, other times when the PC is idle. I've tried cleaning and re-seating my RAM, updating BIOS, removing and installing new GPU drivers but nothing seems to fix this.System...
  4. Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer black screens and then resets. Dump file included.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer black screens and then resets. Dump file included.: Whether I am gaming or watching videos or doing anything else, my computer will black screen and then restart and boot just fine. It seems to happen more frequently under heavy load/ while gaming, but it can also go many hours without any issues as well. I have included the...
  6. Computer black screens and then resets. Dump file included.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer black screens and then resets. Dump file included.: Whether I am gaming or watching videos or doing anything else, my computer will black screen and then restart and boot just fine. It seems to happen more frequently under heavy load/ while gaming, but it can also go many hours without any issues as well. I have included the...
  7. Computer black screens and then resets. Dump file included.

8. Black screen with sound followed by manual restart with no dump

Black screen with sound followed by manual restart with no dump: setup: i9 9900k Gigabyte 3080 VISION OC PSU: corsair hxi 750w 32gb ram 3200mhz ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING winver: Screenshot - 491dd1e44c317af8df42c56cd27c8801 - Gyazo For the past few weeks I've been having random black screen freezes, where the sound goes on for a few more...
  9. Black Screen with sounds

Black Screen with sounds: Hello everyone Three days ago I started having some issues, my laptop will turn on but, after posting, nothing will appear in my screen. Just the black screen with white light in the background indicating that the screen is on. what i have done to remedy this issue is:...
  10. Blue Screen Dump File

Blue Screen Dump File: My computer has got the BSOD. It will startup fine and then a few minutes later it blue screens. I got the dump file, but I am unable to understand it. Could anyone give me some insight into what it is saying?...