Windows 10: Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

Discus and support Black screen death a few minutes after working normally in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've looked at other threads regarding the black-screen issue but my problem seems a little different. Since I installed Windows 10 on my HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Quantum Genie, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

I've looked at other threads regarding the black-screen issue but my problem seems a little different.

Since I installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop it boots up OK and I can get as far as my desktop. The taskbar settles in nicely and all seems fine.
    But if I open any application and work on it for a few minutes the taskbar and everything else suddenly disappears. I generally can't close whatever programme I'm in but if I do manage to then instead of a desktop I have a blank black screen. Moving the cursor around is possible but there is literally nothing to open.
    My only option is to ctrl/alt/delete for Task Manager and then shut down or restart. On restart, the same thing happens. It starts, I get to the desktop, everything looks normal, I open something then black-screen-death.

I am not using two screens.
    Anyone know a fix?
    Thanks
    QG

:)

Quantum Genie, Aug 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 update problems!! Black screen with white rotating dots

My Dell PC automatically updated the other night. Upon updating it rebooted my PC. It seem to be taking a little longer than normal, so I left it alone for a while. Upon returning I when to check on the update and all I had was a blank black screen, but
    my mouse pointer was working. After a few minutes I turned off the PC and started the power up. During reboot I got a black screen with a blue windows 10 logo, but after a few minutes the screen went black and all that was showing was white rotating dots.
    It appeared to be loading, but after several minutes the screen goes black and nothing happens. How do I get into my PC to fix the problem? What steps can I take to remedy this issue?

MichaelLambe, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Nokia Asha 306

I have a problem with my Nokia Asha 306. He has three black icon. If you press this icon black, you get a black screen after a few minutes get the phone normally.

What can I do for that black icon to get away?

Asmae---01, Aug 16, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

I'm just taking a guess here but I doubt its the cause . It sound like you have a setting that is set to turn off. Do things again but this time count the minutes that goes by before the black screen come on and afterwards restart the computer and do it again , notice whether the same minutes that goes by is the same from the first time . This way it would really sound like a setting is set at the possible cause . I will search further with your problem and see if anyone else might have the same issues and fix. Have a look at the sites below and see if that will help ... Fast boot up problems

Black screen with mouse pointer after cold boot Windows 10 Technical - Microsoft Community

Full Fix: Black Screen on the Latest Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 Build

sn00ker, Aug 16, 2015
  5. mohamed Win User
    try ctrl/alt/delete > taskmanager > file menu > new task > "C:\Windows\explorer.exe"

mohamed, Aug 16, 2015
  6. mohamed Win User
    right click on start key > cmd (admin) copy &past :dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth & hit enter

mohamed, Aug 16, 2015
  7. mohamed Win User
  8. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

Thanks Sn00ker. I'll give it a go when I get back home later this week. QG *Smile

QUOTE=sn00ker;346788]I'm just taking a guess here but I doubt its the cause . It sound like you have a setting that is set to turn off. Do things again but this time count the minutes that goes by before the black screen come on and afterwards restart the computer and do it again , notice whether the same minutes that goes by is the same from the first time . This way it would really sound like a setting is set at the possible cause . I will search further with your problem and see if anyone else might have the same issues and fix. Have a look at the sites below and see if that will help ... Fast boot up problems

Black screen with mouse pointer after cold boot Windows 10 Technical - Microsoft Community

Full Fix: Black Screen on the Latest Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 Build[/QUOTE]

Quantum Genie, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Thanks Mohamed. I'll give it a go when I get back home later this week. QG *Smile

Quantum Genie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

1. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally - Similar Threads - Black screen death

2. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  3. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  4. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death after few minutes of usage: I get a BSOD a few minutes after logging into one ID on my win 10 64 bit box, and then it reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-blue-screen-of-death-after-few-minutes/4602036b-1f46-43d9-a1be-5d05fd08789b
  5. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death after few minutes of usage: I get a BSOD a few minutes after logging into one ID on my win 10 64 bit box, and then it reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-blue-screen-of-death-after-few-minutes/4602036b-1f46-43d9-a1be-5d05fd08789b
  6. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  8. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  9. 5 minutes of Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    5 minutes of Black screen of death: After the defaultuser0 stuff, I've finally to access to my computer. However, the screen would first went black for 5 minutes.Then went back to normal.I wonder what happened...
  10. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death after few minutes of usage: Hi folks, I get a BSOD a few minutes after logging into one ID on my win 10 (64 bit) box, and then it reboots. This started happening a week or so ago, after having the same computer and Win 10 for years. I've applied recent system updates (October 2018 and February...