Windows 10: Black Screen Disappears after computer is woken up

Discus and support Black Screen Disappears after computer is woken up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just want to know if anyone with a laptop or other computer has had this happen to them. I am happy about it, but it was kind of weird. My computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Starya, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Starya Win User

Black Screen Disappears after computer is woken up

I just want to know if anyone with a laptop or other computer has had this happen to them. I am happy about it, but it was kind of weird. My computer went to a black screen again after installation, but after waiting for a while my computer fell asleep and I went to wake it up and the black screen was gone. I still get the black screen after I restart, but I just press the power button on my laptop, put it to sleep and then I press some button (any) and it's fine.

Anyone have anything like this? Tell me if it works for you.

:)

Starya, Jul 30, 2015

2. black screen

Screen goes black after computer is on a while. Need to get out of all open windows and the black screen will disappear. How do I stop the black screen problem

Sheldon Perry, Jul 30, 2015
  3. black screen

My viseo 200ws LCD monitor screen is black when I start up my computer and when woken from sleep,it takes around an hour before it gets normal.This has only happened since windows 10 was up dated a little while ago. Please help it's driving me crazy.

ANNSAMMONS, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Darkmiss Win User

Press windowsKey-P and see how many monitors it shows.

Darkmiss, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Starya Win User
    I see options for a 2nd monitor, but right now it is set to primary monitor. Is there a way I can make it so I don't have to do what I've been doing every time I restart?

Starya, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Darkmiss Win User
    Its a bug where windows thinks you have two monitors, and displays onto the second screen

if you use an add-on graphics card (eg Nvidia, AMD) then try disabling the on board Intel graphics from the device manager.

Darkmiss, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Starya Win User
    I have intigrated graphics, Nvidia. What will happen if I do this?

Starya, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Darkmiss Win User

if that is your only graphics card in your machine, don't disable it.

this is a bug for machines with multiple GPU's

Darkmiss, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Starya Win User
    I think I have an Intel graphics too.

Starya, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Darkmiss Win User
    okay, look in your device manager (right click on your windows start button)
    and look under Display adapters.

If you see two display adapters, try disabling the intel graphics adapter and see if that solves your problem.

Darkmiss, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Starya Win User
    I tried it and I lost the ability to use the start menu and the App Store kept closing when I tried to open it. I enabled it again and everything is fine.

Starya, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Darkmiss Win User
    Well that is strange looks like your problem is a little deeper.

Darkmiss, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Starya Win User

I think part of it might be a lock screen bug. I think they will patch it eventually.

Starya, Jul 31, 2015
  14. I think you should upgrade Windows 10 properly First as Microsoft Rules

different3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black Screen Disappears after computer is woken up - Similar Threads - Black Screen Disappears

2. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  3. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  4. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  5. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  6. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  7. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  8. Computer not booting up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not booting up Black Screen: How do I download a boot disk to USB ?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-booting-up-black-screen/49411470-d6d0-4f39-9d6b-60e0b11414d4
  9. Computer black screen on start-up after not updating it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer black screen on start-up after not updating it: So there was an update that I choose not to because it was late, whenever I do this my laptop has a problem on start up. It will try to to the update, fail I assume… but it will freeze on a black screen before it gets to that process. It usually fixes after 4 restarts,...
  10. Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.: When I wake my computer up from sleep the apps will be there but other than that it behaves like a normal startup after shutdown. After awhile it will only respond t the power button. Once it wakes up it re loads everything. Another thing it does is it will go through the...