Windows 10: black screen due to bad drivers from win10

Discus and support black screen due to bad drivers from win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so after an update on windows 10 i have once more problems with the gpu drivers that windows 10 install automatically. And i said once more because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by callmevasilis, Jul 20, 2018.

1. black screen due to bad drivers from win10

so after an update on windows 10 i have once more problems with the gpu drivers that windows 10 install automatically. And i said once more because that happened before with the creators update i think but i fixed it pretty easily (after a lot of searching) with an app from microsoft called "show or hide updates tool" where i could stop the downloading of these specific updates and later i could download and install mine. What the problem is, that after i open windows if i have my gpu pluged in it will crash with a black screen and a total freeze of my system forcing me to restart it by its case button. its totally fine on safe mode or when i connect my monitor on the mobo and i tried a lot of stuff about stopping these updates or cleaning the false drivers with ddu but none of that seemed to help at all. So if anyone here has any idea of what to do it would be really awesome and welcome! thanks

:)

callmevasilis, Jul 20, 2018

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen due to bad drivers from win10

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

black screen due to bad drivers from win10

1. black screen due to bad drivers from win10 - Similar Threads - black screen due

2. Display blacking out due to "Monitor" Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display blacking out due to "Monitor" Drivers?: Hi there,I'm using an HP Pavilion Gaming laptop 9th generation. A few months back 2 at least, I noticed a very thin line at the very bottom of my screen. I didn't take it seriously but I soon realized that line was getting thicker day by day. I tried to update my device...
  3. Black screen due to corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen due to corrupted drivers: Hello,Yesterday I did un update and after I restarted my laptop it went into black screen just after logging in. I am able to see the pointer and get into the task manager. However I have tried pressing shift+alt+win+B and I can hear the beep and I can see the pointer...
  4. Black screen due to corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen due to corrupted drivers: Hello,Yesterday I did un update and after I restarted my laptop it went into black screen just after logging in. I am able to see the pointer and get into the task manager. However I have tried pressing shift+alt+win+B and I can hear the beep and I can see the pointer...
  5. Black screen due to corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen on Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on Win10 install: Hi I am trying to install Win10 on a Dell laptop that was previously running 8.1. After deleting the partitions and selecting the SSD for install, the installer gets to 1% complete before the laptop goes to a black screen with no cursor and backlight is on. Same issue occurs...
  7. Fix graphics drivers and Win10 black screen (Win7)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix graphics drivers and Win10 black screen (Win7)?: Hello, I had Windows 10 and everything was always running fine but out of nowhere I had a black screen and the only way out was to format the HDD over the bios. Then I installed Windows 7 and wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 but after the PC restarts the Win10 logo comes up...
  8. Win10 black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 black screen: After booting, windows starts and shows login screen. It logs in and shows a blank screen. Cursor works and windows key too, taskbar, background image and apps are gone. Ctrl shift esc doesnt work but ctrl alt del works. I saw a post exactly like this and tried to fix it,...
  9. Black Screen due to driver issues

Black Screen due to driver issues: Hey there, So yesterday I updated my (very outdated) graphics driver to the latest version (previously on september 2018) and now I’ve blue screened and get a black screen after I login. I have 1 program that boots on startup and that is the only thing that shows up other...
  10. Win10 black screen of death

Win10 black screen of death: Okay, so i have a Omen laptop (made by HP), and i was playing som games, the laptop was really slow wich it has really never been, so tabbed out to open the task manager, saw nothing special that took up the performance and therefore tabbed bacl in again. I should NOT have...