Windows 10: Black screen instead of desktop

Discus and support Black screen instead of desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, When I boot my pc sometimes I get a black screen. But by pressing ctr alt & delete I can log out, and then login and its then OK. Can any one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbvoss, Sep 5, 2015.

1. dbvoss Win User

Black screen instead of desktop

Hi,
    When I boot my pc sometimes I get a black screen. But by pressing ctr alt & delete I can log out, and then login and its then OK. Can any one please help. I have reset my pc but its still the same.

:)

dbvoss, Sep 5, 2015

2. Black screen instead of the lock screen when waking up laptop from sleep

sorry for the late reply but updating the graphics driver didn't work. Do you go to the device manager too for the video driver?

Just a hunch, but will updating the ACPI sleep button solve the problem? I haven't tried it.

Denice Comen, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Black screen instead of the lock screen when waking up laptop from sleep

Hi Denice,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.

• Type in devmgmt.msc and click on
      Ok

• Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending
      Display adapters

• Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.
    If the issue persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest video driver for the manufacturer and check if it works.

Hope the above the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Teddy Win User

Are you by any chance doing remote access to that PC?
    Sometimes a black screen is an indication of that.

On the black screen, do you see icons? Mouse cursor? Or completely black without anything on it?

Teddy, Sep 6, 2015
  5. dbvoss Win User
    their are no icons and no mouse pointer but if i press ctr+alt+delete i can using the arrows keys on my keyboard
    to Lock, Switch user logout or task manger. If i logout and then login its´OK

dbvoss, Sep 6, 2015
  6. dbvoss Win User
    Hi Teddy,
    I have turned off remote access its OK now thanks for your help

dbvoss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen instead of desktop - Similar Threads - Black screen instead

2. Black screen and/or black square desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and/or black square desktop icons: Computer crashed. New computer with two monitors Windows 11 Pro began exhibiting black screen and tech was unable to resolve issue. They sent a replacement, which is also being replaced for another reason, however just two weeks in, both black screen and black squares around...
  3. Autocollage 2008 Black Screen instead of image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocollage 2008 Black Screen instead of image: I downloaded the software as i had an old key which works. I can choose the pictures and when i click create, it starts the process fine but after the sorting, when it is suppose to provide the final image, it just shows a black image. Its as though the final print has simply...
  4. Autocollage 2008 Black Screen instead of image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autocollage 2008 Black Screen instead of image: I downloaded the software as i had an old key which works. I can choose the pictures and when i click create, it starts the process fine but after the sorting, when it is suppose to provide the final image, it just shows a black image. Its as though the final print has simply...
  5. Black squares instead of normal desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black squares instead of normal desktop icons: All of of sudden SOME of my desktop icons/for files now are black boxes ith a green check. I don't want the green check and the black box is a new issue.* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  6. Black screen instead of bootloader, then start

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen instead of bootloader, then start: Hello, I had Windows 10 installed on one partition, and then installed Windows 10 on another partition. The first time I restarted the laptop after the installation finished, I got the "Choose an operating system" (you know, the blue menu with white font) menu (with the two...
  7. Start screen instead of desktop

Start screen instead of desktop: Is there a setting that will always take me to the Start screen instead of to the Desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-instead-of-desktop/73ea9282-4145-4b64-a110-e099d4468998
  8. Desktop Screen is Black

Desktop Screen is Black: The screen on Desktop computer shows a black background and the text is mostly yellow. How can I change it to normal. I also found out that Windows was update a few hours ago. I have read about related problems here and their solutions, but it seems as if the updated...
  9. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  10. Desktop black screen

Desktop black screen: Hi When I log on I briefly have access to my desktop but after a few seconds or if i try to get to my settings the whole screen goes black. However my mouse arrow stays visible and I can move it but theres nothing to click on to. Please can anyone help???...